What is Peppermint Oil Used for?
- Peppermint oil is used as a flavoring agent in many food products like chewing gums, tea, candies etc.
- Peppermint oil give relief from digestive problems such as indigestion and bloating.
- It also gives relief from stomach spasm by relaxing contraction of muscles.
- It is also used to treat IBS; it is a disease of stomach which is called irritable bowel syndrome.
- It also helps to treat headache and migraine, it provides cooling sensation which gives relief from pain, when applied to forehead.
- Peppermint oil is a flavoring agent in mouth wash, tooth paste, due to its antimicrobial properties it kills germs responsible for dental plaque.
- Peppermint oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which kills germs and helps in common cold and allergies.
- The menthone present in peppermint oil improves the airflow in your nasal cavity, thus you feel better while breathing in cold.
- Peppermint oil act as a muscle relaxant and helps in muscle cramps during menstrual time.
- Peppermint oil reduce the growth of bacteria like e-coli listeria and salmonella. which can spread many diseases like pneumonia.
- Due to the presence of rosmarinic acid in peppermint oil, it is used to treat allergies reactions such as runny nose, asthma and itchy eyes.
- Peppermint oil has antibacterial properties thus work against acne, it is used in the manufacture of face-washes, soap and cosmetics. It also has astringent properties that kills the bacteria and helps in skin tightening.
What is peppermint oil? How to uses for Hair?
Peppermint is an herb from mint family. It is a hybrid obtained from the cross between water mint and spearmint. The Western peppermint is obtained from Mentha piperita, Chinese peppermint is obtained from the fresh leaves of Mentha haplocalyx.Many countries grow mint but the largest producers of mint and mint oils are the India, United States and China. It is usually found in North America and Europe.
The peppermint oil is obtained from the leaves of the peppermint plant. It is used for many health benefits. Peppermint has a cooling effect which refreshes your mouth. The main chemical component of peppermint oil is menthone. The botanical name of the plant is Mentha x Piperita. Peppermint oil can be derived through steam distillation, soxhelet extraction and solvent extraction. Peppermint oil is used in, toothpaste, chewing gum, mouthwash and several other products.
Peppermint oil for hairs:
Peppermint oil is good for hairs, it causes tingling feeling when applied on scalp and hairs, it increases the blood circulation in scalp and promote hair growth. It also increases the number of follicles, and follicle depth and prevent the hair fall. The menthol in peppermint oil is vasodilator and improve blood flow. It increases blood circulation and hair loss occur due to starved blood flow.
How to use peppermint oil for medicinal purpose?
It is used to treat IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
• By relaxing the smooth muscles of the gastro intestinal tract.
• It gives relief from inflammation in GI tract.
• It reduces the growth of bacteria that naturally live in the GI tract.
• By reducing the pain sensation in the GI tract.
Other Essential Benefits of Peppermint essential oil:
• It is used to treat common cold.
• It is used to Kill germs.
• It prevents itching.
• It gives relief from pain.
• It prevents or reduce vomiting.
• Help the body to eliminate mucus in condition of bronchitis, asthma, cold.
• It reduces muscle pain.
• It give relief in flatulence.
• It boosts blood circulation.
Peppermint oil for skin:
Peppermint oil cleanses the skin and also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It has cooling effect on skin. It sooth the redness and inflammation of skin. It is also used to treat acne due to its antimicrobial property which kills the bacteria responsible for acne. We need to dilute the essential oil before use with some carrier oil, it is also used to treat the skin damage by sunburn. Peppermint oil didn’t clog the pore; peppermint oil controls the secretion of sebum. It is best oil for oily skin. Peppermint oil rejuvenate the skin and helps in regeneration and renewal process of skin. It also makes dark lips pink by continuous use of peppermint oil on lips as a lip balm. The Natural menthol present in this peppermint oil soothes the skin and promotes healing process.