Peppermint is an aromatic perennial plant. It is a hybrid mint, a cross between water mint and spearmint indigenous to Europe and middle east, it belongs to family laniaceae and grows throughout north America, Asia,and Europe. Peppermint was first cultivated in England.In the British herbal pharmacopoeia as a remedy for intestinal colic, gas, cold, morning sickness,and menstruation pain.The plant is cultivated for its oil.
Peppermint Oil IP, BP, USP:
It is extracted from the Natural plant of Peppermint through the method of steam distillation. Peppermint plant (Mentha piperita) is hybrid obtained from spearmint (M. spicata) and watermint (M. aquatica). Peppermint oil is commonly used in foods and beverages as flavor, formulation of shampoo, conditioners and cosmetics as well as good fragrance in soaps industries.
Peppermint oil Topical Uses:
Peppermint oil has numerous health uses. For example it can be used for the treatment of various health condition, including if IBS which stand for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, digestive issues and Nausea etc. It also useful for headache and common cold. It is used as a topical application to get relief from Muscles pain, Itching and headaches etc.
Peppermint oil History:
Peppermint is a natural hybrid of two species of Mint, water Mint (Mentha Aquatica) and Spearmint (Mentha Spicata). Peppermint was first cultivated in late 17th century in England. Ancients Egyptians used this herb as remedy for indigestion.
Peppermint oil Industrial benefits:
Peppermint oil helps to reduce vomiting, anxiety and pain. It is known to raise alertness and improves memory. Peppermint oil blends well with various essential oils, and helps to enhance alertness and Stamina.
This essential oil is obtained from the Mentha Piperita leaves; thefore, It is also known as Indian Piperita Oil. Piperita Oil used in various products such as analgesic balms, cosmetics, ointments, lotions, perfumes, chewing gums, tooth pastes and creams, etc. It has numerous therapeutic qualities (Other essential oil with Therapeutic Quality) and is very useful in treating digestive issues.
Brief Specifications based on COA Reports:
Product Information : Peppermint Oil
Appearance : Minty taste, Odor Characteristic, Pale yellow colored with clear liquid
Solubility : methylene chloride and Soluble in Ethanol
Relative Density : 0.900 to 0.916
Refractive Index : 1.457 to 1.467
Optical Rotation : -10 Â° to -30 Â°
Acid Value Max : 1.4
L-Menthone Content : 14 to 32%
Mentha Furan Content : 1 to 9%
L-Menthol Content : 30 to 55%
Peppermint Oil which is also known as Mentha piperita oil that is derived by the steam distillation method from flowers and leaves of the aerial parts of the herb. The Latin name of this oil is Mentha x Piperita which belongs to the Labiatae family and commonly grows 2-3 feet long, having violet in color flowers and leaves dark growing color.
Peppermint oil Properties:
The herbaceous plant Peppermint is a hybrid of water mint (also known as Mentha aquatica) and spearmint. The most active components of this hybrid oil are menthol (30% - 40%) and menthone (20% - 30%). The peppermint herb is widely cultivated all the way through Europe and North America and its leaves are oftenly useful for kill germs, relived pain, flavor tea, food and to boosts blood circulation.
7 Incredible Uses and Benefits of Peppermint oil:
Peppermint oil is used to treat the following conditions:
1- It is very useful oil for IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). So, you can apply it to treat problems of IBS:
2 - It provides the smoothness to your muscles of the gastro intestinal tract.
3 -It gives relief from inflammation in GI tract.
4 -It reduces the growth of bacteria that naturally live in the GI tract.
5 -By reducing the pain sensation in the GI tract.
6 - Prevent or reduce vomiting.
7 - Give relief in flatulence.
How to Use Peppermint Oil?
· Peppermint oil is used along with Wintergreen oil to treat pain from tension headaches and migraine.
· For stomach pain and diarrhea, we can apply two to three drops of oil on stomach, massage gently, or either mix few drops of oil in warm water and drink it.
· For muscle pain, we can apply peppermint oil after mixing few drops with carrier oil on the affected area. It gives cooling and calming effect on muscle, which reduce the pain.
· For headache, we can take few drops of oil and apply on the temples and back of neck. It gives relief from pain and also help to relax.
· Take few drops of peppermint oil,Massage the oil gently into your scalp. You feel a tingling sensation. Leave the oil on scalp for half an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo.
Use of peppermint oil for respiratory disorders:
• It is used to treat sinus: Peppermint has anti-bacterial anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. Because of this peppermint tea may fight clogged sinuses due to infections like common cold and allergies.
• By improving the perception of airflow in your nasal cavity.
• By inhibiting the growth of respiratory tract bacteria.
• By reducing swelling in respiratory tract.
• By treating cold and cough.
Medicinal uses of peppermint oil:
• Peppermint oil is used to treat morning sickness.
• Peppermint oil is helpful in Cramps of the upper gastrointestinal tract and bile ducts.
• Use to treat Diarrhea.
• Use to treat flatulence.
• Infections: Peppermint oil having antibacterial properties, it is effective against some species of bacteria such as Escherichia, Salmonella, coli, and Staphylococcus aureus.
• Viruses: peppermint oil has antiviral properties, use to treat viral infection such as the influenza virus and herpes simplex viruses.
• Chronic itching: Peppermint oil is used to treat skin itching due to its cooling properties. It helps reduce itching caused by poison ivy, bug bites, and hives. It can also be used to treat itching due to liver disease,diabetes, eczema and kidney disease.
• Muscles pain: Peppermint oil is used to treat muscle pain. It contains menthol, which has a cooling sensation on sore, achy muscles. Due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
What is Indian Piperita?
Oil of Indian Piperita is highly useful in Ayurveda preparations in traditional used in Medicine. Archaeological evidences show that it was being used for the health benefits as far as a thousand years earlier. Peppermint oil is a unique essential oil that is massively used in a wide range of products such as lotions, cosmetic product, conditioners & shampoos, analgesic balms, creams, chewing gums and perfumes etc. In order to guarantee the accurate and purity of peppermint composition, our Quality Control team checks the quality of the Indian Piperita oil on the set od several parameters that laid by the necessary market and industrial uses. In more about of this oil, our worldwide respected clients can take advantage of the quality of Indian Piperita oil from us in a wide range of packaging options at affordable prices.
How to Store: 100% pure Peppermint oil could easily stored in fitted container in dark and cool place.
Where to Buy pure Peppermint Oil?
We offer only a unique name of this mint oil because we professionally managed and certified by worldwide certification like ISO 2009-2015, ISO 22000:2018, GMP and HACCP and HALAL and before supplying or exporting we confirm all quality and price related facts to our special clients terms like that Peppermint essential oil as per IP, BP and USP grade.
We deal in wide range of essential oil with this oil as good Manufacturer in India. Our verified Peppermint oil BP is popularly having demands in Middle East, Far East and African countries. We sell our Natural quality at wholesale rate in New Delhi. Besides of this mint product us also deals by direct to our factory of the following mint products like Mentha Piperita oil and Piperita oil which have excellent rate and finest quality. More Details like quality, Fastest and Doorstep delivery services, testing, and our produced capacity visits us.