Know What is Menthol ?
Mint belongs to the family Lamiaceae, and genus Mentha. In the genus Mentha there are many species grows varying in their chemical content, odor and use. The oil obtained from the compound are used all over the world. The commonly cultivated species of mint are Peppermint, Japanese Mint/Menthol Mint, Spearmint, Bergamot mint.
They all are herbaceous plants. The aerial stem and leaves together are the source of essential oil rich in carvone, menthol, linanyl acetate, and linalool. They are used in medicinal preparations and flavor industries.
The corn mint or Japanese originated from China and Brazil. Subsequently, India and China takeover Brazil. India has taken the first position in cultivation of this mint plant, mints are commercially cultivated in India. In northern India Japanese mint yielding menthol is grown, Thailand and Vietnam grows mint but at smaller extent. Peppermint is obtained from Mentha piperita, Chinese peppermint, is also called Bohe, it is obtained from the leaves of Mentha piperita. We can also have chewed the leaves of Peppermint to eliminate the bad breath and to ease throat soreness.Peppermint is also used to treat small cuts, burns,wounds, and boils. Some countries, such as Egyptian, Asian, and Greek used Peppermint leaves in culinary applications.
Menthol is an organic compound made synthetically or derived from the peppermint or other mints. It is a crystalline and waxy substance white in color, which is solid at room temperature. The main component of peppermint oil is menthol which has local anesthetic properties and mostly used to give relief from cuts, sore throat.
Menthol is the compound obtained from peppermint oil, menthol crystals are steam distilled from Mentha Arvensis. Menthol Crystals are widely used due to its specific aroma, flavor, and its cooling and tingling effect. Menthol Crystals are used in cosmetics,perfumes, lotions, creams,analgesic balms, shampoos and conditioners.
Learn more About of Menthol Benefits, Uses in Cosmetic & Aromatherapy
- Menthol crystals are used for many purpose , it works to support your body in its natural process of healing. it changes the quality of your life.
- It reduces itching,when applied to the affected area, we can use by mixing it with a carrier oil or with aloe vera gel.
- -It is a hair growth accelerator, we can use it by adding menthol crystals to hair oil.
- -Menthol increase the soap making by adding in to your soap, Menthol crystal is completely mixed in the soaping oil, it can have reduced skin irritation.
- -Menthol crystals are used to treat nausea, due to motion sickness, this is because of peppermint used in making menthol, it is a natural carminative herb, which treat digestive problems.
- -Menthol have wonderful odor of mint that’s why we can use menthol in making homemade air fresheners without any toxins.
- -Menthol is also used as a natural pesticide, we can use it in the garden around honey bee hives to prevents moths and other insects.
- -Menthol crystal also helps in sunburn; it calms sunburns when mixed with aloe vera gel.
- -Menthol also give relief from razor burn, it is used by many industries in making after shave lotions.
- -It can reduce fever by placing a very small amount of the menthol crystal on the forehead or bottom of the feet.
- -Menthol reduces the inflammation from a sore throat, we can directly apply menthol to scraps, cuts and bruises to reduce irritation and inflammation.
- -burning menthol crystals also repels bugs of every kind.That is a great way to reduce the dust mites in house.
- -Menthol is used in many vapor rub, it has a cooling and tingling sensations that also opens up the sinuses.
- -It can give relief from headaches.You can apply this mix over the temples, collarbone, cheek bones and under the nose before sleep. It will give relief from congestion and induce sleep and treat sinus.
- -Menthol is used in aromatherapy, the minty fragrance of menthol is used in treatment of anxiety, stress and nervousness.
Is Menthol Crystals Being Good for Your Skin ?
We can add menthol crystals to carrier oils such as almond oil, jojoba oil. Mix this amazing product with carrier oil properly and then applied topically to the skin to reduce itchiness and dryness. It is also used to treat skin irritations and gives relief from the pain related with sunburn.
Buy Natural Menthol Crystals Online