Synonyms: Rose oil, Rosa damascene, Rose absolute, French rose, Indian Rose.
Botanical Name: Rosa Damascene.
Part Used: Petals
Color: Clear to pale yellow
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.453-1.464
Rose oil is extracted by the mode of steam distillation from the flower that is picked early in the morning.
During extraction process heat should be controlled otherwise aroma can be damaged by over heat.
The yield for rose essential oil is 0.02-0.05%.
The word rose is taken from Greek word "Rodon" that means red. Rose is Native to Asia, Europe, North America & North west Africa.
6 Amazing Health Use:
- Rose is a perennial shrub with climbing stem. Rose stem has thorns.
- Rose have variety of colors, it require fertile loamy soil with salt free irrigation water.
- It requires temperature from 15°C-28 0 °C & suitable water for irrigation.
5 Amazing Cosmetics Uses:
- Rose oil is a good treatment against stress, fear, grief, anger, depression & deals with other emotional problem.
- Rose oil is very helpful to increase the blood circulation and it controls the high blood pressure and other heart problems like Arrhythmia and palpitation.
- It works as a booster for Liver and gall bladder.
- Natural Rose oil is better treatment for Asthma, cough liver congestion, nausea and high fever.
- On skin rose oil has soothing effect it is used for hydrating and moisturizing the skin.
- It is also known to control cancer growth.
- It is a good Antiseptic and good for all skin types.
- Rose oil is very important ingredient of creams and lotions.
- It is a good moisturizing agent for the skin
- Rose oil is diluted in bath
- Rose perfumes are made from rose oil due to its pleasant fragrance.
The chemical composition is complex & it consists of more than 300 compounds. Some important constituents are as phenyl ethanol, citronellal, nerol, geraniol, stearproten, farnesol, lanolool, phenyl acetaldehyde, citral, methyl, eugenol, eugenol, citronellyl, rose oxide.CONCOCTION:
It blends well with most oil but it blends with Geranium and Jasmine oil
.SAFETY MEASURE:Eye Contact
If Rose oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water till 15 minutes, remove contact lances. If serious condition then call doctor immediately.Skin Contact:
Remove contaminated clothes and footwear if Rose oil comes in contact with skin
Wash thoroughly with fresh water at least 15 minutes. Contact a doctor immediately if irritations persist.Inhalation:-
Rose oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air, if serious condition then provides artificial respiration call the physician immediately
STORAGE and HANDLING:
- While handling do not drink and smoke.
- Do not leave the drum empty as empty drum.
- Maintain the proper cleanness and hygiene.
- Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25 °C
- Rose oil is non toxic, non sensitizing non irritant oil.
- Use of rose oil should be avoided during pregnancy.