Origin of Geranium Oil
The plants of Geranium originated from South Africa,as well as Reunion, Madagascar, Egypt and Morocco and were introduced to European countries such as Italy, Spain and France in the 17th century.There are about 700 different varieties of the plant, yet only 10 supply essential oil in viable quantities, as the normal garden geranium produce far too little oil for extraction.It is a hairy perennial shrub, often used in hedgerows, and stands up to about one meter high (3 feet) with pointed leaves, serrated at the edges and it has pinkish-white flowers. In early times geraniums were planted around the house to keep evil sprits at bay.
MODE OF EXTRACTION-
Geranium oil is extracted from leaves and stalks by steam distillation of Geranium plant.
11 Surprising Benefits and Uses:
- It has a sweet and rosy smell with a mint overtone and is mostly colorless, but can have a slight light green color to it. It is watery in viscosity.
- If the oil is made from the leaves when they start turning yellow it has a stronger rose aroma then the younger, greener leaves.
- The essential oil is composed of various chemical constituents and includes a-pinene, myrcene, limonene, menthone, linalool, geranyl acetate, citronellol, geraniol and geranyl butyrate. The plant was first time originated from South Africa.
Where you shop pure Geranium Oil?
- It can be used to help in the treatment of acne, eczema, hemorrhoids, burns, dermatitis, cuts, lice, as mosquito repellent, ringworm, ulcers, edema, poor circulation, sore throat, tonsillitis, stress and neuralgia.
- The therapeutic properties of geranium oil are astringent, diuretic, deodorant, styptic, haemostatic, vulnerably and tonic.
- It will help to balance the oil production of the skin and help keep it supple, while the cicatrizing properties ensure that it is helpful in wound healing, including burns, wounds and ulcers.
- Geranium oil can also be diluted in shampoo to help with head lice.
- This uplifting oil has a great all-over balancing effect on the mind and this uplifting property also extends to the effect it has on the skin - where it helps to create balance between oily and dry skin. It helps to sort out emotions - where it helps to relieve feelings of stress and anxiety, and also works on the adrenal cortex, which has a balancing effect on the hormone system.
- The strong smell is particularly good to ward off mosquitoes and head lice.
- Burners and vaporizers. In vapor therapy geranium oil can be used to help relieve stress, mild depression, PMS, anxiety and tension, menopausal problems and for general energizing.
- Blended massage oil or in the bath. Geranium oil can be used in blended massage oil, or diluted in a bath to assist with PMS, depression, stress, anxiety and tension, fluid retention, edema, eczema, shingles, cellulite, bruises, insect repellent, ringworm, hemorrhoids and menstrual irregularities.
- Blended in cream or lotion. As a constituent in a blended base cream, geranium oil can be used for eczema, repelling insects, shingles, burns and scalds, cellulite, ringworm, bruises and engorgement of the breasts.
- It will help to balance the oil production of the skin and help keep it supple, while the cicatrisant properties ensure that it is helpful in wound healing, including burns, wounds and ulcers.
- Diluted in shampoo. Geranium oil can also be diluted in shampoo to help with head lice.
AOS Product is a leading manufacturer
of pure geranium oil and we offers unique and Natural Geranium Oil
. Several business seekers of essential oils often think where we can shop for Natural Geranium Oil or High Quality Geranium Oil
in crude form. Friend we reputed and Indian certified manufacturer for 100% pure Geranium Oil. AOS Products also function as Geranium Oil Exporters from India.