Synonyms: Jatamansi, Spiknard, Muskroot, Nardostachys jatamansi
Botanical Name: Nardostachys jatamansi.
Part Used: Root
Color: Pale Yellow to Amber
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Heavy woody spicy
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.450-1.510
Jatamansi oil is extracted by the mode of steam distillation from dried and crushed rhizome & roots of Jatamansi plant. It yield 1.3%
- It was primarily used by Egyptian.
- It is mentioned in Bible that it was used to treat Jesus.
- Jatamansi is an aromatic herb that is found in mountainous region of Northern India, Japan & China.
- In India it is found in mountainous area like Himalayan zone from Kumaon to Sikkim, Bhutan.
- Jatamansi needs sandy loam acidic type of soil that is rich in organic matter.
- Moist area is suitable for the growth of Jatamansi, It has woody root.
- It prefer moist rocky and undistributed slopes.
- For rapid growth of Jatamansi thick humus layer is suitable.
- Jatamansi oil is a better treatment again tension, stress, migraine, insomnia and nervous indigestion.
- It has rejuvenating qualities for the mature skin.
- It is good for the use of skin as it is a better treatment for allergies, inflammation & rashes.
- Drop of Jatamansi oil with carrier oil is a good use for deep sleep and relax mind before going bed
- Jatamansi oil is used in bath in vapor therapy.
- It is used as an ingredient for massage oil.
- Jatamansi oil is also good for hair growth
ABSTRACT:The chemical constituents of Jatamansi oil are valeranone, tetra menthyl oxatricyolode canole, Janon, Bornylacetate, 1-8-cinerol, menthyethymyl ether.CONCOCTION:Most of the oil blends with one another spikenard also blends well with lemon, Lavender, neroli, clary sage, Patchouli and Vetiver.SAFETY MEASURE:Eye ContactIf Jatamansi oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water till 15 minutes, remove contact lances. If serious condition then call doctor immediately.Skin Contact:Remove contaminated clothes and footwear if Jatamansi oil comes in contact with skin.Wash thoroughly with fresh water at least 15 minutes. Contact a doctor immediately if irritations persist.
Inhalation:If Jatamansi oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air, if serious condition then provides artificial respiration call the physician immediatelySTORAGE & HANDELING:
- While handling do not drink and smoke.
- Do not leave the drum empty as empty drum.
- Maintain the proper cleanness and hygiene.
- Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25Ã‚Â°
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION:Jatamansi oil has no known contra indication but care should be taken before use.