is an evergreen tree, scientifically known as Pimento racemosa; it is native to South America. Bay tree grows up
to 30 feet in height, small and erect in structure. It has grayish bark,
aromatic and green leaves, also bear berries. It has long pointed leaves, with small yellow
or white flowers with black berries.
oil is acquired from the dried leaves and berries which are collected or
harvested from 5 years old bay tree through steam distillation. Either added salt or seawater is required in
distill for extraction of bay oil.
Bay oil is
warming oil, deep golden yellow to brown in colour; strong spicy smell similar
to clove and watery viscosity. Its aroma is fruity, spice and herbaceous.
constituents of Bay oil are eugenol, chavicol, myrcene, linalool and limonene.
Bay oil is
nicely blends with cedar wood, coriander, eucalyptus, geranium, ginger, juniper,
lavender, lemon, orange, rose, rosemary, and thyme and ylang ylang.
Safety and Precautions:
- Bay oil is used in aromatherapy due to its sedative
property and as massage oil, as it induces relaxing and refreshing effect and
also treats muscle & joint pain and also helps in neuralgia.
- Bay oil is used as ingredient in hair shampoos and
hair conditioners because it prevents dandruff, treats hair loss and gives
hairs a vibrant shine.
- It is used to heal sprains and strains.
- It is also helpful in stimulating blood circulation.
- It has skin toner quality, treats razor burns and
breakouts in skin.
- Bay oil is used in perfumery, cosmetics and in men’s
personal care products.
- It acts as insect repellent and also added to
fumigants, vaporizers and sprays.
- It is effective against nerves pressure, stimulate
blood vessels contraction and also alleviate pain due to neuralgia.
- It is effective against joint & muscle issues such
as arthritis, sprains and in respiratory problems like cold, cough, viral
infection and flu as it has decongestant quality.
- It prevents wounds from septic or tetanus such as
severe convulsions, cramps, breathlessness, pain and inhibit growth of
- It has antibiotic property so it protects liver, heart
and other internal organs.
- It provides relieve in cramps, coughs, aches, diarrhea,
nervous afflictions and convulsions caused by spasm.
- It provides strengthen grip of gums on teeth, prevent
sagging skin and muscles as it induces contractions in the blood vessels so
that cures hemorrhaging.
- Bay oil maintains acid and base balance in stomach as
it promotes bile discharge.
- It is effective against obstructed menses, promotes
regularity and eases in pain.
- It has ability to fight against infections that may
lead to coughs, cold, fevers and helps in brings down body temperature as it
encourages perspiration and also facilitates removal of toxins through sweat.
- It is used as toner as it improves metabolic functions by toning
up liver, stomach and intestine and provides healthier and stronger body.
- Need guidance of an aromatherapy practitioner as it can
cause skin irritation due to its eugenol component.
- Avoid use of bay oil during pregnancy or nursing
- People who are suffering from kidney, liver diseases,
cancer and who are using anticoagulants should avoid use of bay oil as it can
- Keep away from reach of children and infants.
We Indian Manufacturer AOS Products offer Bay oil by following on-line terms:
- Bay Oil Manufacturers in India
- Bay leaf Oil Suppliers in New Delhi India
- Bulk Exporters Bay leaf Oil
- Wholesale Bay leaf available in India
- Verified Manufacturer bay leaf oil
- Buy on-line bay oil India