What is Spearmint Oil good for? Know 10 Best Way to Use
Spearmint oil is derived from the Menthe Spicata herb. The name is also derived from its leaves which are pointed and spear-shaped. It is also known as common mint or garden mint. It grows well in sandy soil. It is a common plant and grows all over India. The oil is extracted by the steam distillation process from flowering tops. Spearmint essential oil blends well with Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lavender, and Rosemary. Spearmint oil is pale yellow in color. The oil has an aromatic order having watery viscosity. The main component of oil is carvone, d-limonene, and dihydrochalcone.
What is Spearmint Oil good for?
This incredible oil has many health benefits, it is used for digestive issue, for aromatherapy, for oral hygiene.
- It promotes the digestion process and helps in treating stomach upset.
- Spearmint oil is used in aromatherapy to uplift the mood and it also promotes positive energy. Due to the presence of carvone and limonene, they have energizing properties.
- Spearmint oil is used in oral health care while brushing the teeth put one drop of oil on your brush it gives fresh breath and a hint of mint in your mouth.
- Spearmint oil is also used as a flavoring agent, it is used in salad and other bakery products.
- Spearmint oil has antispasmodic and carminative properties; it has restorative properties.
- It helps to heal wounds and small cuts. Due to the presence of myrcene and caryophyllene which has antiseptic properties.
- Due to the presence of menthol, has a cooling effect on nerves, it is also used to soothe muscle cramps and nervous convulsions.
- It is also used to treat syphilis and athletes' foot and gonorrhea, due to its disinfectant properties.
- It also gives relief from vomiting and insomnia.
- It is also helpful for menstrual cramps, people with early menopause, and obstructed manse.
Spearmint: Health benefits and more
View Main Source at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266128
Is Spearmint Oil Good for Hairs?
Peppermint oil is good for hairs, it causes a cold and tingling feeling on the scalp when massaging hairs and scalp. It increases the blood circulation on the scalp. It increases the no of follicles and also increases the follicle depth, it is highly concentrated. We need to dilute the oil before use, if you can use it alone it can burn the skin also. So before using mix it with a carrier oil. Peppermint oil has antimicrobial properties helps in treating scalp infection, treats dandruff, and hence supports hair growth.
Is Spearmint Oil Simulating the Brain Function?
It increases the hormone secretion and promotes the discharge of gastric juice, it increases blood circulation. It also supports our immune system and helps to remove toxins from the body.
What is the difference between Peppermint oil and Spearmint Oil?
1st Know About Peppermint oil:
Peppermint oil is also called mentha Balsamea, it is a hybrid mint, it is cross between spearmint and water mint.Peppermint oil is obtained from the flowering parts and leaves of the peppermint plant. Peppermint oil is a common flavoring agent in beverages and food, peppermint oil is used as a fragrance in soaps and cosmetics.
Compare Facts - Peppermint Oil and Spearmint Oil:
Spearmint oil is derived from the bright green Mentha spicata herb, its name is obtained from the leaves which are pointed and spear-shaped. It is a perennial plant. Spearmint oil contains vitamins and antioxidants. Its fragrance is very similar to that of peppermint. It contains menthol-like peppermint, but less as compared to peppermint, it is sweeter compared to peppermint. it contains limonene, dihydrochalcone, and cineol. It is used as a flavoring agent in chewing gums and toothpaste.
Where to Buy Spearmint Oil in India