Know About Almond Oil and How to Identify the Purity
Almond is a tree native to Iran and nearby cultivated. Almond oil known as the ‘King of nuts’, Almendra Dulce, Amandier, Almande, Amanda Doce, and Amygdalus Communis Var extracted from the almond nut. Its botanical name is Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis. Rich in vitamin E and a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, and copper.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
“Cold Press Method” is used in extraction of Almond oil. This method is known as the ‘screw press’ or ‘Hydraulic press’ method.
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
1- “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the absolutely perfect but costly method to identify the purity of the oil.
2- ‘Paper Test’ method can be used.
3- No artificial substance should be in pure oil.
Uses of Almond Oil in Food, Cosmetic and Pharma Industries
ALMOND OIL USES IN PHARMA:
1. Antioxidant- A rich source of antioxidant vitamin E, known for its free-radical fighting properties.
2. Anti-inflammatory- It Has properties of anti-inflammation. Containing omega-3 fatty acid which helps to reduce inflammation and boosts immunity. It has been used to soothe the skin for a long time.
3. Anti-fungal- Helps to reduce the fungal infection. Prevents athlete's foot and other fungal infections like ringworm.
4. Anti-bacterial- The oil contains ‘vitamin A’ which helps to treat acne and other bacterial infection.
ALMOND OIL IN COSMETIC -
1. Skin- This is a powerful moisturizer and very effective massage oil It can be used on the face and skin. For more skin applications it can be mixed with essential oils. It helps to clean the skin and easily remove makeup. The concentration of ‘vitamin E’ helps to protect skin from sunlight damage, face scars, and aging lines over the face.
2. Hair- Rich in vitamin B7 which helps to keep hair healthy and strong. It helps to protect our hair from sun damage. Almond oil can be used in scalp treatment. Oil can be used daily, put some drops on your finger and apply them to the hair. This will protect our hair from dryness and split ends. For best results leave the oil in the hair overnight and wash it the next morning.
USES IN FOOD -
1. Almond oil is the lightest nut oil and is excellent in cooking.
2. Widely used for flavoring in cake, candy, cookies, etc.
3. The oil is good to drink, if someone wants to get all the benefits of the oil then take on a teaspoon of sweet almond oil every morning. It will boost digestion and improve the nervous system. It can be added to milk for more health benefits. It has no trans-fat.
Read About Turpentine Oil Benefits
SIDE EFFECTS of ALMOND OIL. WHERE TO BUY ONLINE?
- Avoid it if someone has nut allergies.
- Make sure to dry the hair well before applying the oil.
- Avoid it, the people and children who have very sensitive skin, it may irritate the skin.
- Taking much may cause of nausea and vomiting. According to some studies, the oil may toxic while taken in large quantities.
Buy Almond Oil Online in India