Know About Carrot Seed oil and How to Identify the Purity
CARROT SEED OIL:
Carrot is a root vegetable known as a perfect health food. It is crunchy, tasty and rich in nutrients. Carrot is not a fruit so there are no seed inside. Carrot grows under-ground and seeds grows over-ground on the small plant. It’s botanical name is ‘Daucus Carota Sativa’. Carrot Seed Oil contains high levels of vitamin A, E and beta carotene.
‘Steam distillation’ method uses in extraction of this oil.
GC (Gas Chromatography) and paper test method can be used to check the purity of the oil.
Uses of Carrot Seed Oil in Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic Industries
USES IN PHARMA
1. Anti-fungal- Reduces the activity of fungi that effect plant growth. The oil also has some degree of effectiveness against yeasts such as Candida Albicans and Aspergillus.
2. Antioxidant- According to an animal study this oil may be an effective antioxidant. The oil reduces chances of lever damage. Antioxidants are necessary to repair cells and tissues to body damage by free radicals.
3. Anti-inflammatory- The linoleic acid content of this oil this ingredient has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin which reduces joint and muscle inflammation and boosts immunity.
4. Anti-bacterial- Effective at combating several strain of bacteria. Includes Listeria Mono cytogenes which cause listeriosis infections. Effectiveness of a level of a compound called alpha-pinene in the oil and also acknowledged that differences in concentrations of the chemical compounds in the oil can change the oil’s antibacterial properties.
5. In Blood-pressure- Have a property to lower the blood pressure. In the case of high blood-pressure the Carrot Seed Oil may help to reduce it.
6. In cancer- The oil has anti-carcinogenic property which may help to prevent from cancer.
CARROT SEED OIL USES IN COSMETIC:
1. The high amount of ‘vitamin A’ and ‘beta carotene’ promote the regeneration of cell and helps to repair damaged skin, tons tissues and muscles.
2. The antibacterial property of oil may help in fight with acne. Add the oil with aloe vera gel to sooth sun irritated skin.
3. Antioxidant properties of the oil reduces aging lines and wrinkles from the face and makes smooth and shine. Rich in ‘beta carotene’ which is a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging properties and this compound is responsible for orange color of the carrot.
CARROT SEED OIL USES IN FOOD:
The oil has good digestion properties, in the case of acidity carrot seed oil may be add into the cooking. Works as a tonic for liver and whole digestive system. Maintains the flow of digestive juices and keeps the digestive system in order.
Side Effects of Carrot Seed Oil
➠ It can sometimes cause allergic reactions, children should avoid as they have sensitive skin.
➠ Avoid in pregnancy.
➠ It is very stimulating oil, people suffering from asthma and epilepsy should avoid.
➠ People who feel nauseous should avoid it. Overdose can cause vomiting.
Buy Carrot Seed Oil Online