Eucalyptus Essential Oil Introduction & Origins
Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
Eucalyptus Oil is steamed distilled from the leaf of Eucalyptus Tree. Eucalyptus Tree is native to Australia, but it is cultivate in whole world. There are over 400 different Spices of Eucalyptus. It is color less liquid with a strong woody smell. In 1948, US officially registered Eucalyptus Oil as insecticide. This oil is used in much application like as ingredient in Creams, ointment – joint Pain Relief, Balm, Perfumes Products, Mosquito Repellent, cosmetic products, Germs insecticides, and industrial solvents, as Flavor and in dental Preparations.
Health Benefits and Uses of Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus oil is often used in the form of steam inhalation to help ease cold symptoms and to clean lungs also. Natural Eucalyptus oil helps to relieves cough, it also assist to you to get the mucus out of your chest.
- For preparing a eucalyptus inhalant, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or few of leaves to hot water or a vaporizer and deeply inhale the vapor of this steam for 5 to 10 minutes. You can also use it in your bath by adding 1-2 drops in warm water.
- We can cure the problem of Bad Breath by using Eucalyptus Oil as a mouthwash . Take 1-2 drop of oil and mixed with plain water and gargle, but never swallow. You can also use it while brushing by mixing 1 drop in toothpaste.
- Eucalyptus oil an effective treatment for minor cuts and wounds, many Research’s suggests applying a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to a clean wound.
- Eucalyptus oil contains many natural components. But the key component of eucalyptus oil has strong anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral action, which tell us about the traditional use of this pure oil as a treatment for respiratory ailments. Cineol an antiseptic kills the bacteria and very beneficial in Gum disease.
- You can also use Eucalyptus Oil as a surface Cleaner/ Floor Cleaner & kitchen sink cleaner. Take a spray bottle filled with distilled water and mix 1 cap full Eucalyptus oil and spray on floor, curtains , beds & carpet to get your surrounding germs free and with fresh smell of eucalyptus . you can also use it while washing cloth ,add 4-5 drops in surf powder to get germ free cloths and towels.
- If you are Pet Lover , you will be happy to know that Eucalyptus oil can be use in keeping our pets germ free . we can use 2-3 drops in shampoo and wash them normally. Avoid touching Eyes and mouth.
- Eucalyptus Oil is also good for hair,it stimulates your scalp, fight dandruff. you can mix 1 drop in your shampoo before wash your hair . Blend 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil in coconut oil and apply on hair ,massage gently and rinse your hair with water after 20 minutes. Result will be dandruff free hair.
- Eucalyptus Oil can be used in Cough, Cold , Blocked Nose , Arthritis, Fever, Flu, Bladder Disease, wounds and burns, Diabetes Etc.
- Eucalyptus Oil is a natural antiseptic , can be used in bug bites ,ulcers, cuts, wounds and burns. It can be used in headache, take a small cloth and sprinkle it with few drops of eucalyptus oil and and apply on your forehead. You will feel relaxed.
- Eucalyptus Oil also relieves in sun burn. Fill a spray bottle with purified water add 2-4 drops of eucalyptus oil and mix 1 spoon aloe-Vera gel and shake well and spray on skin for instant relief. This mixture also works as cooling , refreshing spray in hot summer days.
Precaution when you are using Eucalyptus Oil:
We can feel burning, allergic reaction on body, if we apply it directly to the skin. we should always dilute eucalyptus oil with some carrier oil like almond oil before applying on skin. Sometimes negative reactions/allergies may develop over time as we see some symptoms we should discontinue using this.
Eucalyptus oil must be diluted with some base Oil and should not be swallowed otherwise it can be cause of stomach pain, burning, dizziness, vomiting and many more.
It is never recommended to take Eucalyptus essential oil orally because it is poisonous. so always take care of it. Specially with the patient of Asthma.
A pregnant Lady and breastfeeding mother should not use it .children are more sensitive so they should also not use eucalyptus oil.
How to check purity of Eucalyptus Oil
How to buy pure essential oil? Not so difficult, just take a small test. Take 1-2 drops of oil on a plain Paper if its shows circle type mark in paper, we should easily understand it is blended with other easily available Oil.
We can also check oil quality by its price, first of all we should take the rate of raw material and also calculate the % of Oil extracted either cold pressed or by steam distillation then we can consider that the oil which we are going to buy is 100% Natural or blended. Ultimately, the price of oils should be base on how much of the raw material is needed to produce it.