What is Pumpkin seed oil?, Know Bioactive Compound, Self Life and More
Pumpkin seed oil is culinary oil used especially in central Europe. Pumpkin belongs to the genus Cucurbita and the family Cucurbitaceae. Pumpkin is a versatile fruit and is grown all over the world for a variety of reasons with versatile use as in cooking. Pumpkin is variable in shape and size. Pumpkin seeds are round with slightly ribbed skin. The thick shell contains the seed and pulp. It is widely grown for commercial use.
Pumpkin is a climber plant seed that ripens from August to October. Pumpkin seed oil is used as edible oil. Pumpkin is a high source of protein and minerals. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties. Pumpkin seeds are also called nutritional powerhouses. The good properties of pumpkin seed oil are due to the presence of high content of carotenoids and liposoluble vitamins.
Pumpkin seed oil is rich in bioactive compounds such as tocopherol, sterols, B- carotene and few fatty acids. The seed oil contains a substantial amount of unsaturated fatty acid particularly oleic and linoleic acid.
Know Shelf life of pumpkin seed oil: It is nine to twelve months at room temperature. An opened bottle of pumpkin seed oil should be used in six to twelve weeks.
Know Beauty Benefits of Walnut Oil
Know Properties, How to Make and Chemical Composition
The oil is light to dark green in color. The oil appears green in a thin layer and red in a thick layer. It is also called green gold. The color of pumpkin is derived from orange pigments present abundantly in the pumpkin essential oil.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make?)
Pumpkin seed oil is extracted by solvent extraction or by supercritical carbon dioxide method in AOS Products Company.
Pure Pumpkin seed oil is mainly consists of oleic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmitoleic acid, arachidic acid and erucic acid.
Minerals Composition of Pumpkin Seed Kernels -
iron, manganese, zinc, copper, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium and cobalt.
12 Amazing Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil. Very Useful in Hair Loss. Know Where to Buy Online?
- The Pumpkin Seed Oil contains antioxidants like carotenoids and vitamin E. Antioxidants can reduce inflammation and protect against many diseases.
- Diet rich in pumpkin seed has been associated with a reduced risk of stomach, breast, lung, and colon cancer.
- It is also known as anti-DHT oil for hair loss treatment.
- It is the richest source of zinc and filled with several important minerals which promote healthier sleep.
- Pumpkin seed may reduce symptoms of benign prostate enlargement and an overactive bladder.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium and magnesium is important for controlling blood sugar, blood pressure, heart, and bone health.
- -Pumpkin seed oil is good blood builder so keep it in your regular diet.
- Pumpkin seed oil improves heart health, and prostate health and provides protection against certain cancers.
- Pumpkin seed oil also helps in preventing kidney stone formation.
- Pumpkin seed oil made by AOS Products also helps in the treatment of metabolic disorders.
- Pumpkin seed oil is rich in vitamin E, zinc, omega3, as well as antioxidants therefore it has tremendous benefits for the skin in terms of retaining moisture and maintaining a youthful appearance. It also works as a skin tonic and helps to rejuvenate the skin. It also has anti-aging properties.
- Pumpkin oil when massaged in hair, increases the growth of hair and gives extra shine to the hair by hydrating the follicles of hairs.
Where to Buy Pumpkin seed Oil online