Thyme oil is acquired from Thymus vulgaris, a member of mint family known as Lamiaceae. It is native to Southern Europe from the Western Mediterranean to Southern Italy. It grows up to 15-20cm in height, 40cm width, it is bushy, woody root herb with branched stem, small, aromatic, greenish grey leaves and clusters of pale purple or pink white flowers in late spring or early summer. Its largest producers are France, Morocco, and Spain.
Thyme oil Extraction Process:
Thyme oil is derived from fresh flowers and leaves through water or steam distillation.
Thyme Oil Properties:
Thyme oil is reddish brown to amber
and has sweet herbal smell. Its aroma is warm
, strong and spicy-herbaceous.
Thyme Oil Chemical Composition:
Thyme oil, its main constituents are alpha thujone, alpha pinene
, camphene, beta pinene, paracymene
, alpha terpinene, linalool, borneol
, beta caryophyllene, thymol and carvacrol
What does Thyme Oil Blend well with?
Thyme oil is nicely mixes with bergamot, clary sage,
cypress, tea tree, eucalyptus, grapefruit, lemon
, lemon balm, marjoram
, Peru balsam, rosemary
20 Surprising Benefits or Uses of Thyme Essential Oil:
Safety and Precautions:
- It is used in preparation of soaps, cosmetics and toothpastes.
- It is used in aromatherapy as it stimulate mind, uplifts mood.
- It is insect repellants as it can keep insects away.
- It prevents aging, acne, reduces appearance of scars & skin marks.
- It stimulates menstrual flow and provides relieve from pain and also treat menstrual & menopausal problems.
- It is diuretic, increases urination and helps in removal of toxins from body
- It has antispasmodic quality so help in treatment of coughs, convulsions, epileptic or hysterical attacks, cramps and muscular aches, abdominal and intestinal aches and spasmodic cholera.
- It is effective against wounds, sores, water retention, athlete’s foot and bites.
- It alleviate insomnia and promote relaxes asleep.
- It boosts immune system, circulatory system, heart and digestive system, muscles and skin, tones up all organ and organ system as it promote overall health and treats various diseases such as infectious diseases, colds, flu & chills.
- It is used as mouthwashes, herbal rinses and liniments as it improve oral health and help in gum infection and tonsillitis.
- It is used for treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gout, muscular aches and pain, sprains and sport injuries.
- It is used as ingredient in hair products as it prevents hair loss.
- It is used in ears to fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- It is used in perfumery as it remove body odor.
- It is used for treatment of urinary antiseptic, urithritis and cystitis.
- It provides strength to nerves and eases nervousness, aids memory and concentration.
- It improves blood circulation and elevates blood pressure so that cure problem of rheumatism and arthritis.
- It is used for treatment of cellulite anorexia, obesity, edema, scanty periods, and leucorrhoea as it triggers removal of wastes.
- It reduces symptoms of chronic fatigue, alleviate fatigue.
- It can irritate skin and mucus membrane so avoid while pregnant or high blood pressure patient.
- Don’t take it internally as it can cause nausea, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea and muscles problems.
- As it stimulate thyroid gland so do not take while hypothyroidism patient.
- Keep away thyme oil from reach of young children or infants.
Thyme Essential Oil Where to Buy?
We AOS Products brand name in the manufacturing sectors of Essential Oils
in India. We provide our top essential oils in worldwide zone listed as Middle east, Far East, Africa zone and USA
most looking location etc. So you may trust in our services and Select 1st grade business
of AOS Brand. Our certified exports share with you some highlighted terms
helpful for you: We work as thyme oil Manufacturers in India | kindly visits and learn How to make thyme oil | since thyme oil useful for hair, so we care quality during process
| thyme essential oil for snoring | thyme oil toenail fungus. Now you may look thyme essential oil only from AOS Exporters
| Thyme oil also useful for recipe in India so we care at this point during Manufacturing process.