Thymol is the main monoterpene phenol obtained from thyme oil or other volatile oil, isomeric with carvacrol, also known as 2-isopropyl -5- methyl phenol. Thymol is natural monoterpene phenol derivative of cymene C10H14O. Thymol is obtained from variety of Thyme plants such as Thymus vulgaricus
, Thymus zygis etc.Extraction:
Thymol is extracted from thyme herbs variety by using green solvent (ethanol, limonene and ethyl lactate), by pressurized liquid extraction (PLE) and supercritical CO2 fluid extraction at different conditions like extraction temperatures (60 ºC, 130 ºC, 200 ºC).Properties:
Thymol is a white pellets large crystalline with a spicy herbal, odor of thyme and aromatic and has sweet , spicy and medicinal with pungent, caustic strong flavor of culinary herb thyme. Thymol
shows extreme solubility in alcohols and other organic solvent but slightly soluble in water at neutral pH.Composition:
Thymol is constituents of thymol (50-63%), carvacrol (up to 20%), para-cymene(up to 20%) with γ-terpinene,β-caryophyllene, l-linalool,α-terpinene and α-pinene.12 Incredible Uses and Benefits:
AOS Brand marketplace:
- Thymol is used as stabilizer in pharmaceutical preparation as it has antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic quality.
- It is used in dusting powders for the treatment of tinea or ringworm infections.
- It is used to treat mouth and throat infections as it reduces plaque, dental caries and gingivitis.
- It is used as an ingredient in some toothpaste such as Euthymol.
- It act as preservative in halothane, an anesthetic and as an antiseptic in mouthwash.
- It prevents varroa mites and growth of mold in bee colonies.
- It is used as a pesticide due to its rapidly degrading property.
- It is used general purpose disinfectant and medical disinfectant.
- Thymol promotes overall health and treats minor health ailments.
- It is effective against bronchitis as it contains active ingredients that serve as an expectorant for chronic disease patients.
- Thymol promotes lactation in breast feeding mother who suffering from lack of calcium in their blood.
- It act as an herbal food additive used to improve performance indices, feed utilization, immune system and prevents from infectious diseases.
We AOS Products and reputed teams deals as worldwide Manufacturers
, Suppliers and Exporters
of Pure Thymol Crystals at affordable price in India. We complying Crystals of Thymol as BP. We deals Thymol as several certified crystals format and powders also. Our current lookup zone Middle east
, Far east, Africa, USA etc.