Laurel Leaf Oil:
Laurel leaf is also
known by other name like bay leaf, scientifically known as Laurus nobilis belongs to Lauraceae. Laurel is an evergreen shrub
which grows up to 10-18 meter in height; it is native to Mediterranean regions.
Mostly cultivated and produced by Hungary, France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, China
Laurel leaf oil is extracted from freshly picked leaves of
Laurus nobilis through steam distillation.
Laurel leaf oil is
deep greenish yellow & clear in colour and has strong, spicy scent. Laurel
leaf oil has thin consistency. It has softer
sweet, fruity or floral aroma.
1, 8-Cineole, α-Pinene, α-Terpinyl
acetate, Linalool, β-Pinene, methyl eugenol, geraniol, phellandrene, chavicol, limonene, myrcene, and neral.
Laurel leaf oil is well mixes with clary sage, frankincense, pink grapefruit, juniper berry, lavender, lemon, pine, cypress and rosemary, cedar wood, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Ginger, Orange, Rose, Thyme and Ylang-Ylang.
- Laurel leaf oil has antiseptic quality so it protects wounds
and inhibits bacterial growth.
- Laurel leaf oil also prevent any sort of biotic growth in the
body, it protects internal organs of body from microbes.
- It provide relieve in neuralgia as it induce contraction in
blood vessels, reduce pressure on the cranial nerve and provide immediate
relief from pain of throat, ears, tonsils, nose, pharynx.
- It has antispasmodic property, provides relieve from spasm,
cramps, coughs, aches, diarrhea, nervous afflictions and convulsions.
- It is effective against coughs, colds, viral infections,
influenza and sprains.
- It also used to reduce loss of appetite.
- It is effective against obstructed and irregular menses and
eases in painful or other troubles in menstruation.
- It improves stomach functioning and prevent stomach, ulcers
- It provide strengthen in grip of gums, prevent sagging skin
& muscles, strengthen scalp as it induce contractions in muscle and
- It prevents ulcers as it helps in maintaining acid and base
balance, also promote discharges of bile into stomach.
- It is used for treatment of fever as it fights with
infections and brings down the temperature.
- It is used as fumigants, sprays, vaporizers and act as insect
- It provides relieve in epilepsy, hysteria, convulsions,
anxiety, stress, depression and anger.
- It eliminates toxins from body and promotes perspiration.
- Laurel essential oil is used in bath lotions and antiseptic
- It is used in cleansing ointments for farm animals.
- It is used to flavoring foods.
- It is used in perfumery.
- Laurel leaf oil can cause irritation in skin and mucus
membrane because of its eugenol content.
- Avoid using while pregnant.
- It can cause dermal irritation and sensitization.