Know all about Cardamom Oil - Properties and How to Make
Cardamom essential oils extracted from the seed of cardamom whose scientific name is Elettaria cardamom. It is also called Mysore cardamom. It is native to India and is the third most expensive spice. It is used for flavoring and cooking in food and beverages as well as medicines. Cardamom is of two types green color cardamom and black color cardamom.
The fruits are picked and clipped from the stem just before maturity. Cardamom may be bleached to a creamy white color in the fumes of burning Sulphur. The seed of cardamom has a slightly highly pungent aromatic flavor, somewhat similar to camphor. Cardamom oil is sweet spicy balsamic when used as fragrance.
Cardamom grows wild and cultivated in India and Ceylon. It’s an herb of four meters and has long-grown silky blades with yellow flowers and a large fleshy rhizome similar to ginger. In ancient times Egyptians used it in perfumes and incense and chewed it to whiten their teeth.
BOTANICAL NAME- ELETTARIA CARDAMOM OIL
Cardamom seed oil is colorless to pale yellow in color, having watery viscosity. It has aromatic order. The shelf life of the oil is two years.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make):
Cardamom natural oil is extracted by the method of steam distillation from the natural seeds of the fruits just before they are ripening.
Know Chemical Composition of Cardamom Oil
The main chemical constituents of cardamom oil are alpha-pinene ,sabinenemyrceene, alpha-phellandrene, limonene, terpinen-4-ol alpha-terpineol, alpha-terpineol, acetate citronellol, methyl eugenoland , trans-nerolidol,1,8 cineole y-terpinene, p-cymeene, terpinolene, linalool andlinalyl acetate.
Cardamom oil blend with bay bergamot, black pepper caraway, cedar wood, cinnamon fennel, ginger, lemongrass oil, orange oil , sandal wood oil and litsea.
17 Unmatched uses and benefits of Cardamom Oil. Know Where to Buy Online?
- Cardamom Essential oil contains cancer-fighting compounds. It may help fight cancer cells.
- Cardamom oil has a compound that protects cells from damage and stops inflammation.
- It also lowers blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
- Due to cardamom oil anti-spasmodic properties it provides relief in both muscular and respiratory spasm like cramp cold and cough.
- It is helpful in achieving optimum health due to the presence of vitamin and minerals in cardamom oil.
- Cardamom essential oil stimulates our digestive system. Cardamom oil prevents or reduces the size of gastric ulcers. It also protects against helicobacter pylori, a bacteria linked to the development of stomach ulcers.
- It freshens our breath by eating entire cardamom pods.
- Cardamom oil also reduces the number of bacteria in saliva.
- Cardamom oil also fights against Campylobacter that contribute to stomach inflammation or food poisoning.
- It stimulates our digestive system.
- It is also used as a mouth wash.
- Due to its diuretic properties it promotes urine discharge.
- It helps in maintaining a normal body temperature.
- It gives a glow to the skin as it is rich in vitamin C. It works as a natural skin toner.
- It detoxifies our body.
- It also acts as a natural cleanser.
- It treats scalp infection, and dandruff and maintains hair health.
Where to Buy Cardamom Oil Online