Learn More About of Black Pepper Oil : Introduction & Origin
Black pepper is one of the most widely used spice all over the world .It is not only used as flavoring agent in our meal but also for a variety of other purposes such as medicinal uses, as a preservative or in perfumes. Black pepper is a flowering plant from the family piperaceae, cultivated for its fruit known as peppercorn. Black pepper is produced from the still green unripe drupe of pepper plant. The drupe dried in sunshine and in this process the skin around the seed shrinks and darken into a thin wrinkled black layer. The dried spice is called peppercorn. Oil is extracted from this peppercorn.
Pepper are of three types-
1. White pepper- consists of the seed of the ripe fruit of the pepper plant, with the thin dark colored skin of the fruit removed.
2. Green pepper- green pepper is made from the unripe drupes dried green. This pepper is treated in the way, that they can retain their green color.
3. Red pepper- Red peppercorn usually consist of ripe peppercorn drupes presented in brine and vinegar.
4. Pink pepper- pink pepper are the fruit of Peruvian pepper tree. They are member of cashew family.
Vietnam was the world largest producer and exporter of black peppercorns.
BOTANICAL NAME----Piper nigrum
Black pepper oil is extracted by several methods hydro distillation, solvent extraction and microwave extraction. One of the common method of extraction is steam distillation.
Know Physical and Chemical Properties of Black Pepper Oil
Oil is clear, colorless and has a fresh peppercorn aroma.
Pepper plant is woody vine growing up to 4m in height. The leaves are long and flowers are small produced on pendulous spikes. Pepper can be grown in the soil that is neither moist or nor dry. The plant bears fruits from the fourth or fifth year and keeps typically seven years. Black pepper oil is volatile in nature and insoluble in water .
The main components in black pepper oil are alpha-pinene, b-pinene,limonene, Cameroon b- caryophylleneand cis –B- ocimene.
Know Impressive Uses and Benefits of Black Pepper Oil
- In food black pepper and black pepper oil are used as spice .It increases the taste of food and give a flavor to food. It is also used in many food products for flavoring purpose. It is also used as a food preservative.
- It also helps to decrease the level of cholesterol, free fatty acids, phospholipids and triglycerides.
- It also exhibits anticancer properties.
- To help quit smoking by puffing on a vapor device using black pepper oil over 3 hours may reduce cigarette craving and anxiety in men who smoke.
- Due to the presence of piperinein black pepper it helps in reduction of pain, improves breathing and reduce inflammation.
- It helps to promote blood circulation and lower high blood pressure.
- It may help ease the discomfort of constipation, diarrhea and gas.
- It also helps to relieve the muscle pain and tendonitis.
- Piperine suppresses inflammation in the airway caused by asthma and seasonal allergies.
Black pepper increases the gut health by promoting the growth of good bacteria in our gut.