Know all About Black Pepper Oil : History, How to Make and Numerous Benefits
Black pepper is one of the most widely used spice all over the world .It is not only used as a flavoring agent in our meals but also for a variety of other purposes such as medicinal uses, as a preservative, or in perfumes. Black pepper is a flowering plant from the family Piperaceae, cultivated for its fruit known as a peppercorn. Black pepper is produced from the still-green unripe drupe of pepper plant. The drupe dried in the sunshine and in this process the skin around the seed shrinks and darkens into a thin wrinkled black layer. The dried spice is called peppercorn. Oil is extracted from this peppercorn.
Know About Varieties of Black Pepper Seed-
1. White pepper- consists of the seed of the ripe fruit of the pepper plant, with the thin dark colored skin of the fruit removed.
2. Green pepper- green pepper is made from the unripe drupes dried green. This pepper is treated in a way, that it can retain its green color.
3. Red pepper- Red peppercorn usually consist of ripe peppercorn drupes presented in brine and vinegar.
4. Pink pepper- pink pepper are the fruit of Peruvian pepper tree. They are members of the cashew family.
Vietnam was the world's largest producer and exporter of black peppercorns.
BOTANICAL NAME----Piper nigrum
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make?)
Black pepper oil is extracted by several methods hydro distillation, solvent extraction and microwave extraction. One of the common methods of extraction is steam distillation.
Know Physical and Chemical Properties of Black Pepper Oil
Oil is clear, colorless and has a fresh peppercorn aroma.
Pepper plant is a woody vine growing up to 4m in height. The leaves are long and the flowers are small produced on pendulous spikes. Pepper can be grown in soil that is neither moist nor dry. The plant bears fruits from the fourth or fifth year and keeps typically for seven years. Black pepper oil is volatile in nature and insoluble in water .
The main components in black pepper oil are alpha-pinene, b-pinene, limonene, Cameroon b- caryophyllene and cis –B- ocimene.
Know 9 Impressive Uses and Benefits of Black Pepper Oil. Where to Buy Online?
- In food black pepper and black pepper oil are used as spice .It increases the taste of food and gives a flavor to food. It is also used in many food products for flavoring purposes. It is also used as a food preservative.
- It also helps to decrease the level of cholesterol, free fatty acids, phospholipids, and triglycerides.
- It also exhibits anticancer properties.
- To help quit smoking by puffing on a vapor device using black pepper oil over 3 hours may reduce cigarette craving and anxiety in men who smoke.
- Due to the presence of piperine in black pepper it helps in reduction of pain, improves breathing and reduce inflammation.
- It helps to promote blood circulation and lower high blood pressure.
- It may help ease the discomfort of constipation, diarrhea and gas.
- It also helps to relieve the muscle pain and tendonitis.
- Piperine suppresses inflammation in the airway caused by asthma and seasonal allergies.
Black pepper increases the gut health by promoting the growth of good bacteria in our gut.
Where to Buy Black Pepper Oil Online