What is Avocado Oil? How to Identify the Purity
AVOCADO OIL -
Avocado is a fruit of a flowering plant family native to south-central Mexico. In Hindi, it is called Makhanphal, in Tamil Vennai pazham, and in Marathi Alpukat, it is extracted from the pulp of Avocado. Its botanical name is “Persea Americana”. Contains oleic acid and vitamin E, used in several industries Pharma, Cosmetic, and food.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
“Cold Press Method” used in extraction of The Avocado Oil.
IDENTIFY PURITY -
➠ “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the standard method to identify purity of the oil.
➠ Paper test method can be used.
➠ Any artificial substance must not be in the oil.
Uses of Avocado Oil in Cosmetics, Food and Pharma Industries
USES IN PHARMA
1. Antioxidant- The oil has antioxidant properties which may help to relieve dried and irritated skin associated with eczema and psoriasis. It helps to reduce the danger of sunburn.It contain vitamin E,D, beta carotene, protein and fatty acids which helps to healing and soothing of skin.
2. Anti-inflammatory- Avocado oil has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce inflammation. This oil can keep skin hydrated without leaving any oily spot over skin. This may help to reduce acne.
3. Anti-bacterial- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which may help to treat dry and flaky scalp, can be massaged over scalps as other regular oil.
4. Heart health- This oil is rich in “fatty acids” and “vitamin E” which help to reduce LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) which improves the health of the heart.
USES IN COSMETIC -
1. Skin- It contains beta carotene, proteins, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, E which may help to keep clean moisturize, reduce the signs of aging, and scares. It helps to maintain hydration of the skin.
2. Hair- The oil contains ‘vitamin D’ which helps to prevent from dandruff and scalp. This oil reduces hair fall and promotes hair growth. The oil improves dry and damaged hair as a moisturizer.
USES IN Food -
It used to cook at higher heat and is great for stir-frying but it doesn’t have much flavor. Because it is neutral in flavor so it is not best for flavoring, it is best for pan-frying, barbecuing, and roasting.
The Avocado oil is not suitable for deep-frying, has a very high smoking point of 520F. Eggs can’t be fried in this oil.
Side Effects of Avocado Oil
This oil is a rich source of dietary fibers, avoid it if someone has digestive problems.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women get advice from doctors before using this oil.
Buy Natural Avocado Oil Online at Best Price