Know all about Ylang Ylang Oil and How to Identify the Purity
Ylang Ylang is a star-shaped flower of yellow color. It grows on the Cananga tree, this tree has smooth, glossy green leaves often covered in fragrant flowers. It,s scientific name is Cananga Ororata. It is native to the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Ylang ylang oil is extracted using steam distillation method.
What is ylang-ylang oil used for?
It is used in high-class perfumes and in different cosmetic products, as well as in basic toiletries.
How to check purity of ylang ylang oil?
- GC (Gas Chromatography) is an exact but costly method to check the purity of the oil.
- ‘Paper-test’ method can be applied, this is cost-free but not an exact method.
- The pure oil must not be greasy or oily.
- Pure oil must not contain any artificial substance.
Can you Put Ylang Ylang Oil Directly on Skin
The Ylang Ylang Oil contains several allergens which are linked to contact dermatitis and can be irritating to the skin which means it must not be put directly on the skin. Add 1-2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil to 1 teaspoon of any carrier oil and massage it over the skin.
What does ylang-ylang oil smell like?
Its smell is exotic, floral, and deep. It’s similar to Jasmine and Neroli.
Read About the Benefits of Spearmint Oil
Top 7 Benefits of Ylang Ylang Oil. Where to Buy Online?
1. Reduce Anxiety- According to a study this oil has soothing effects which help to reduce anxiety and improve self-esteem. It helps to reduce stress and depression.
2. Antimicrobial properties- This oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which may help to relieve the bacterial infection.
3. Lower blood pressure- This oil may help to reduce high blood pressure. According to a study inhaling a blend of essential oils with Ylang Ylang was reported to have lower levels of stress and blood pressure.
4. Anti-inflammatory properties- It contains isoeugenol which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Wound healing – This oil has the properties to speed up wound healing.
6. Fight with malaria- According to some studies this oil may help to fight malaria.
7. Improves skin and hair health- Ylang Ylang oil is used in many cosmetic products, it is a very common ingredient found in many commercial skin and hair care products. This oil has been used to treat acne and several skin problems.
Buy Ylang Ylang Oil Online at Best Price