Know Various Industrial Uses of Turpentine Oil
Turpentine known as gum turpentine, wood turpentine, terebenthene, colloquially turps, terebinthine is a colorless to pale yellow fluid obtained by the distillation of resin harvested from a pine tree. Its botanical name is “PinusPalustris Mill”. Pine tree native to Northern Hemisphere. Turpentine Oil contains alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, camphene, limonene, 3-carene and terpinolene.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make?)
Extracted from the resin of pine tree using “Steam Distillation Method”.
Uses of Turpentine Oil in Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Anti-fungal- The oil has anti-fungal properties. It includes a very heavy anti-fungal dose of 200 mg/ml.
2. Antibacterial- According to some research studies some antibacterial properties has noted in this oil which may help to prevent bacterial infection over the skin, feet, etc.
3. Antiseptic- It is a good antiseptic. Due to its antiseptic properties, it may add to several cleaning and sanitary products.
4. Analgesic- This oil is widely used in medicines. It helps to get rid of stress, anxiety, etc.
4. As insect repellent- This oil is a very effective natural insect repellent, only a single drop of the oil is sufficient to drive away mosquitoes and other bugs.
USES IN COSMETIC -
1. Hair- The regular use of Turpentine oil helps to keep our hair smooth, strong and shiny. The oil helps to prevent hair fall.
2. Skin- This oil is safe for adults, people with sensitive skin should not use it, as it may cause skin irritation.
3. As a fragrance- It is used as a fragrance in soap, shampoo, perfume, and other cosmetic products. Soap of turpentine helps to get rid of dry spots, rashes, and eczema over the skin. It can be used as a paint solvent or thinner. This oil dries faster than other oils, mixing this oil with some drops of linseed oil will speed up the drying of any paint.
USES IN FOOD -
In food and beverages the oil is used as a flavoring agent. Sometimes this oil can be mixed with honey and sugar to get rid of digestive problems.
How to Check Purity and Know Some Side Effects. Where to Buy Online?
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
1- “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the accurate but costly method to identify the purity of the oil.
2- “Paper test” method can be used.
3- Zero artificial substances must be in the pure oil.
4- The oil should not be greasy.
SIDE EFFECTS -
➠ Consuming in large quantities the oil may cause headache, sleeplessness, bleeding in the lungs, kidney infection, brain damage, and coma and may cause death.
➠ Avoid it for children and people with sensitive skin, it may cause skin irritation.
Buy Turpentine Oil online at Affordable Price