Know About Turpentine Oil and Its Industrial Uses
Turpentine known as gum turpentine, wood turpentine, terebenthene, colloquially turps, terebinthine is a colorless to pale yellow fluid obtained by the distillation of resin harvested from pine tree. It’s botanical name is “PinusPalustris Mill”. Pine tree native to Northern Hemisphere. Turpentine Oil contains alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, camphene, limonene, 3-carene and terpinolene.
Extracted from the resin of pine tree using “Steam Distillation Method”.
Uses of Turpentine Oil in Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Anti-fungal- The oil has anti-fungal properties. It includes a very heavy anti-fungal dose 200mg/ml.
2. Antibacterial- According to some research studies some antibacterial properties has noted in this oil which may help to prevent from bacterial infection over skin, foot etc.
3. Antiseptic- It is a good antiseptic. Due to it’s antiseptic properties it may added to several cleaning and sanitary products.
4. Analgesic- This oil is widely used in medicines. It helps to get rid from stress, anxiety, etc.
4. As insect repellent- This oil is very effective natural insect repellent, only a single drop of the oil is sufficient to drive away mosquito and other bugs.
USES IN COSMETIC -
1. Hair- The regular use of Turpentine oil helps to keep our hair smooth, strong and shiny. The oil helps to prevent form hair fall.
2. Skin- This oil is safe for adults, people with sensitive skin should not use, it may cause of skin irritation.
3. As a fragrance- It is used as a fragrance in soap, shampoo, perfume and other cosmetic products. Soap of turpentine helps to get rid of dry spots, rashes and eczema over skin. It can be used as a paint solvent or thinner. This oil dries faster than other oils, mixing this oil with some drops of linseed oil will speed up drying of any paint.
USES IN FOOD -
In food and beverages the oil used as a flavoring agent. Sometimes this oil can be mixed with honey and sugar to get rid from digestive problems.
How to Check Purity and Know Some Side Effects
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
1- “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the accurate but costly method to identify the purity of the oil.
2- “Paper test” method can be used.
3- Zero artificial substances must be in the pure oil.
4- The oil should not be greasy.
SIDE EFFECTS -
➠ Consuming in large quantities the oil may cause headache, sleeplessness, bleeding in the lungs, kidney infection, brain damage, and coma and may cause death.
➠ Avoid it for children and people with sensitive skin, it may cause skin irritation.
Buy Turpentine Oil online at Affordable Price