About Tea Tree Oil, Extraction Process and How to Test the Purity
TEA TREE OIL:
Tea is an aromatic beverage. ‘Camellia sinensis’ is botanical name of tea plant. Plant’s leaf and leaf buds are used to produce tea. Oil of tea tree known as melaleuca oil.
‘Steam distillation’ is the process to extract this oil.
How to identify the purity of the Tea tree oil:
GC (Gas Chromatography), Paper test and other methods uses in purity check.
Tea tree oil contains terpiene-4-ol, gamma terpene, 1-cineole, 8-cineole, alpha-terpineol, alpha-terpinene, p-cymene, alpha-pinene, etc.
Uses of Tea tree oil in Pharmaceutical, and Cosmetic industries
1. In Hand Sanitizer - Use of tea tree oil as hand sanitizer may help kill number of germs responsible for colds, flu and other diseases.
2. Insect Repellents - This oil has the greater ability to kill or repel insects like mosquito, ticks, gnats, bugs, etc.
3. Antiseptic - Mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil can help to prevent from minor cuts and infection.
4. Boosts wound healing- It includes terpine-4-ol which helps in speed wound healing and reduces inflammation. Triggers the activities of white blood cells.
5. Anti-fungal - An effective anti-fungal which helps to treat effected nail-fungus.
6. In Mouthwashes - Diluted Tea Tree Oil can make a chemical free mouthwash that helps fight bad breath and dental problems.
7. All-rounder home cleaner - To make an all purposes natural cleaner mix the oil with water and vinegar. Spray it directly to the surface and wipe with a clean cloth.
8. Treats Athlete’s Foot - Anti-fungal properties of oil helps alleviate symptoms of the Athlete’s Foot.
9. Relieves Psoriasis - Applying the mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil helps to overcome from Psoriasis problems.
1. For Skin - Applying tea tree oil on the skin may help to relieve dryness, itching, flecking. In some recent studies found that this oil can reduce oily skin.
2. For Hair - Applying Tea tree oil on hair may help to keep hair healthy, moisturized and hair growth.
3. Eyebrow Tinting - Creates a moisturizing barrier for cellular and follicular health which may help in growth and sharpen of eyebrows.
Know Side Effects of Tea Tree Oil
➢ Don’t take it orally. It may cause serious side effects like confusion, inability to walk, unsteadiness, rash, coma, etc.
➢ Oil is safe for most people but for some people it may cause skin irritation and swelling.
➢ In people with acne it may sometimes cause skin dryness, itching, burning, redness, etc.
Now Start to Buy Tea Tree Oil Online