Know All About Coconut Oil
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut is an important part of human diet, because it contains vitamins and minerals. It is used in industrial applications or as a food oil .It is full of saturated fat. Bleached, refined and deodorized oil is usually made up from dried coconut kernel and copra; to extract the oil hydraulic press method is used. Indonesia is the world's largest coconut producer.
Coconut tree require the pH of soil 5-7 and sandy soil, which is easily available in the coastal areas. Lodoicea, commonly known as the sea coconut. Tall coconut palm tree cangive up to 70 fruits per year, when gives proper conditions and care.The first fruit of coconut tree produces in seven to ten years, it takes10 to 20 years to reach full production. Many factors responsible for the growth of the palm, such as soil depth, drainage, soil fertility and layout of the land.
The main soil types that support coconut production in India are alluvial, laterite, red sandy loam, coastal sandy with a pH ranging from 5 to 8. Coconut tree can be short and tall. Short coconut tree grow up to 20 to 50 feet, while long tree grows up to 80 to 90 feet. A strong fibrous root system gives the support to the coconut tree. Two types of flowers are developing in coconut at different time that is male and female to avoid self-pollination. Fruit of coconut is called drupe, which ripes after one year. Edible flesh of coconut can be taken as raw or ripe.
Coconuts are used in preparing various wooden material such as manufacture of furniture, decorative objects, drums, containers and even canoes. It is also used in cosmetic industries. Coconut oil is part of various lotions because its fragrance and also it increases the moisture of the skin. Coconut is most lovable fruit which can be taken raw, as coconut water and coconut milk.
Know the main component of Coconut Oil ?
The main component of Coconut oil are fatty acids like caprylic acid, capric acid, lauricacid,myristicacid, palmiticacid, stearicacid, oleic acid and linoleic acid. Due to the presence of Caprylic acid in coconut oil, it is used to treat epilepsy, it is a nerve disorder that causes uncontrollable shaking in parts of the body.
Due to the presence of caprylic acid in coconut oil, it is used as main ingredient in cosmetic products like lipsticks, lip balm, lip liner, foundation etc.Myristic acid present in coconut oil act as a facial cleanser because of its ability to wash away oils. Both lauric acid and mono laurin acid present in coconut oil can kill harmful pathogens, such as viruses, bacteria and fungi like Staphylococcus aureus.
Uses & Health Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Due to the presence of Caprylic acid in coconut oil, it is used to treat epilepsy, a nerve disorder that causes uncontrollable shaking in parts of the body.
- Due to the presence of caprylic acid in coconut oil, it is used as amain ingredient in cosmetic products like lipsticks, lip balm, lip liner, foundation, etc.
- Caprylic acid in coconut oil is used as anemollient. Due to the presence of lauric acid in coconut oil, it is used to treat major skin conditions like xerosis cutis, psoriasis, and eczema. Due the presence of lauric acid in coconut oil , it has a great effect on collagen production. Collagen helps to maintain skin elasticity and firmness.
- Both lauric acid and monolaurin acid present in coconut oil, can kill harmful pathogens, such as viruses, bacteria and fungi like Staphylococcus aureus.
- Coconut oil when used as a mouthwash prevent mouth infections.
- MCTs present in coconut oil can reduce appetite, which may lead to reduced body weight.
- Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase HDL cholesterol levels in the body. They may also help turn LDL cholesterol.
- Coconut oil when applied to hair, skin and teeth,it works as a skin moisturizer and protects the skin against damage, and improves oral health.
- Coconut oil is used to treat disease Alzheimer’s. This condition reduces your brain’s ability to use glucose for energy.
- Coconut oil is used to remove makeup due to its moisturizing and hydrating effect on skin.
- Coconut oil may help soothe the infection and flaking of skin. Coconut oil is used to treat the diseases like scabies, Athlete’s foot which is a common fungal infection due to sweat.
Know how Coconut Oil is good for Hairs
Coconut oil also work as a spa or hair mask. Mix 2 to 5 tablespoons of organic, refined coconut oil with 15 drops of rosemary oil. Massage the blend in to hair and cover with a towel. Let it sit for 20 to 50 minutes, then shampoo it. Coconut oil work as a frizz-fighting serums, due to its nourishing and hydrating properties.it gives smooth and polished look to hairs.
Coconut oil is also used to treat dandruff due to its antimicrobial properties. Coconut oil is used to treat flaking,inflammation and itching associated with dandruff.Warm 3 or 5 tablespoons of oil to make it liquid, massage the oil into your scalp, you can also use it to coat the rest of your hair. Let the oil sit on your scalp for half an hour and then wash it with shampoo.
Know the Benefits of Coconut Oil for Skin:
Coconut oil can amazingly work on dry, itchy skin.Coconut oil is normally used as a hydrating oil or as an ingredient in moisturizers or beauty products, it leaves your skin feeling nourished and smooth. Coconut oil is used to reduce inflammation of skin, help to prevent infection and prevent the damage called by free radicals. We can also use coconut oil to sensitive areas like under the eye or lips. It also can be used as a lip balm. It makes the skin of lips soft.
1- Reduces inflammation: Coconut oil reduce the inflammation of skin, due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It is good for irritated and chaped skin.
2- Lightens dark patches: Coconut oil can lighten dark skin and prevent uneven skin tone. We can also add lemon juice in coconut oil to increase this effect.
3- Increases collagen production: Due the presence of lauric acid in coconut oil, it has a great effect on collagen production. Collagen helps to maintain skin elasticity and firmness.
Buy Coconut Oil Online