What is Sunflower Oil? How to Check the Purity
KNOW SOME UNIQUE FACTS ABOUT SUNFLOWER OIL -
Over 4500 years ago, first grown by Indigenous tribes as a crop. It’s botanical name is ‘Helianthus annuus L’ and native to North America. Sunflower oil extracted from sunflower seeds by using ‘Cold press method’ and uses in pharma, cosmetic and food industries. It contains very high oleic acid ~80%.
HOW TO IDENTIFY PURITY -
➠ ‘GC-MS’ (Gas Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry)
➠ Paper test method
➠ Must contains ‘Zero artificial substances’.
Uses of Sunflower Oil in Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Reduces LDL cholesterol- It helps to protect us from heart decease by reducing bad LDL cholesterol. Increase good HDL cholesterol compared without sunflower oil diet. It contains vitamin E which helps to protect from dangerous free radicals by oxidizing of body’s cholesterol.
2. Prevents from arthritis- The oil has anti-inflammatory properties and has linoleic acid which decreases inflammation in our skin. Activates ‘peroxisome proliferative activated receptor-alpha’, which helps to reduce arthritis.
3. Prevents from asthma- Contains vitamin E which reduces oxygen damage to tissue. According to some research vitamin E reduces bronchoconstriction which connected to asthma.
4.Prevents from cancer- The oil is rich in vitamin A and carotenoids. It’s antioxidant properties helps to reduce danger of cancer. Moreover, Sunflower seeds contain selenium which repairs damaged cells and reduces danger of colon cancer and uterine cancer.
5. Improves immunity system- It contains linoleic acid which helps to improve the immunity system. Contains high amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids which are responsible to improve digestion system.
6. In weight loss- According to a research Sunflower oil increases adiponectin level which is responsible for weight loose.
7. Reduce depression- Contains magnesium which helps to reduce stress, anxiety and treats the related disorders.
USES IN COSMETIC-
1. The sunflower oil contains tocopherol and vitamin E which may help to improve hair-quality and reduce hair-loss.
2. It’s antioxidant properties helps to reduce scares and aging signs from skin and makes it smooth and clear. Prevents the skin from dangerous rays of sunlight. ‘Vitamin E’ may protect the collagen and may reduce wrinkles and fine lines from the face.
USES IN FOOD -
It can be used for roasting, stir-frying vegetables and deep-frying. And also used in salads dressing, bakes and replacing of butter.
Know Side Effects of Sunflower Oil
➢ The fume of Sunflower oil contains aldehyde which is a toxic substance and may increase the chances of cancer.
➢ Its low heat application is fine but when it overheated, it releases some toxic compounds which are harmful to us.
➢ Contains more omega-6 fatty acid, using too much sunflower oil may be harmful to our health.
Buy Sunflower Oil Online in India