Know about the origin and history of Sunflower Oil
Sunflower leaves are phototropic, prepare their own food with required sunlight. The sunflower head is made up of 1000 to 1500 flowers joint at a common receptacle, the head is not a single flower. Sun flowers are without pistils or stamens. Sunflower varieties have a degree of self-incompatibility, movement of pollen by the insect is important as it increases the yield.
Know How to Obtain It?
Sunflower need 11 to 15 days for emergence from plant. Sunflower oil is nonvolatile oil derived from the seed of sunflower. Sunflower Oil is obtained from the seeds of sunflower by Cold pressed method.
Sunflower was first introduced to Europe through Spain. Karnataka is the major producer of sunflower in the country, other major sunflower producing states in India are Maharashtra, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Tamil Nadu. The wild sunflower is native to North America. Sunflower producing country in world are Ukraine, Russia, China and Argentina. Sunflower Seeds are sown in between January to June month, most blooming during the summer months.
7 Surprising Uses and Benefits of Sunflower Oil - Must Read
- Oleic acid present in sunflower oil is used to treat a dry, aging skin, it is absorbed easily by the skin, replenishing lost moisture, and restore the oil in skin without clogging pores.
- Oleic acid present in sunflower oil is responsible for mineral transport, immunity and hormone response. It also helps to maintain brain function.
- Linoleic acid present in sunflower oil helps to prevent blood clots, improves muscle contraction and helps in the formation of cell membranes.
- The vitamin E in sunflower oil gives protection against colon cancer by neutralizing the free radicals .The carotenoids present in it also prevents the uterine, lung and skin cancers.
- Vitamin E present in sunflower oil is used to treat many skin problems like eczema.
- Sunflower oil act as a conditioner for hairs,helps to treat dry, frizzy hair. The linolenic acid in sunflower oil also prevents hair loss and gives smooth silky hairs.
- Sunflower oil is used to treat constipation .It is also used to heal wounds, arthritis ,psoriasis etc.
What is the difference between refined and unrefined Sunflower Oil?
1- Unrefined sunflower oil is obtained by cold pressed method. It is obtained from the seeds of sunflower. Refined sunflower oil is mostly used for cooking. It is extracted by applying a scientific method that gives the maximum amount of oil from the seed. This oil is specially used for cooking.
2- Unrefined oil has a strong odor and flavor and it is used for salads and cold dishes.This oil is dark in color and if does not used for a long time the lees appear in this oil. Another side in the process of refining, oil go through many processes like filtration and then providing alkaline environment. These processes eliminates the smell and gives pure oil for edible use.
3- As compared to refined oil unrefined oils have more colors, flavors, and fragrances than refined oils. Refined oil has light and transparent color and does not spume, burn or scale while heating up. If we compare, unrefined oil is a very healthy product for using in cooking because it is rich in, micro elements, vitamins, fatty acid.
4- We can store unrefined oil for long time we need to keep or store in a glassware in a dark, cold place. High oleic sunflower oil is thought to provide some benefits for heart health. Sunflower oil release toxic compounds when heated at higher temperatures. Some varieties of sunflower oil are high in omega-6 and may induced inflammation in the body when taken in excess amount.
Buy pure Sunflower Oil Online at best Price