What is Palmarosa Oil ?
History of Palmarosa Oil:
The palmarosa tree, it belongs to the lemongrass family, because of its sweet smell of roses.It is also known as palm rose . Palmarosa is cultivated mostly for its oil. Palmarosa tree widely grows in India and Nepal and is native to South East Asia; it grows as a wild plant in Latin America, Africa, Australia and Middle East.
The palmarosa oil is used in the aromatherapy. Its cultivation required proper preparation and techniques.Palmarosa tree requires proper attention for development. The Palmarosa oil is obtained from the stem of the grass by distillation process, the leaves and stem have been distilled for three to four hours, first separate the oil from the Palmarosa and the rest of extract change into organic matter and becomes manure.
It is also called lemon grass, the botanical name of grass is Cymbopogon martini of genus Cymbopogon , native to Indochina and India ,though it is cultivated in many places for its oil. Its oil is too aromatic. Its common name is palm rose as it smells like a rose.
Other common name is ginger grass, Indian geranium, and rosha grass. The main component of palmarosa oil is geraniol, it is used for its fragrance and for a many traditional medicinal and household uses. when applied to stored grain and beans,Palmarosa oil work as insect repellent, mosquito replant and an anthelmintic . The good way to grow palmarosa is in nursery with well-drained loamy soil with pH 6, which is good to grow palmarosa.
Uses & Health Benefits of Palmarosa Oil
The palmarosa have many health benefits and properties like antiviral, antiseptic, bactericidal, cytophylactic, febrifuge, digestive, and hydrating substance.
- Due to the presence of geraniol in palmarosa oil, it has insecticidal and repellent properties and used as a natural pest control agent with low toxicity.
-Due to the presence of geraniol, it has a rose-like fragrance and it is commonly used in perfumes.
-Due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties,Palmarosa Oil has been used to treat coughs, bronchitis and other respiratory problems.
-Palmarosa Essential Oil has relaxing aroma which have a calming effect on the nervous system. This includes treating symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Due to the presence of geraniol in palmarosa oil, it is used as a flavoring agent in beverage and food industry, as well as in perfume, soap, oil and cosmetics industries.
-Palmarose oil have antifungal properties, it treats viral infections.
-Palmarosa inhibits the growth of bacteria and also prevents external bacterial infections on armpits, the skin, head, ears and eyelids.
- Due to the presence of geraniol,palmarosa oil is also good for treating internal bacterial infections like colitis and those of the colon, urinary bladder, stomach, prostate, urethra, urinary tracts, and kidneys.
- Palma rosa oil is cytophylactic in nature, it promotes the growth of cell and overall growth of body, it helps repairing the damage tissue and cell.
-It helps in digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices.
- Palmarosa oil helps your body to retain the moisture balance in your body, so this can relieve dehydration and inflammation symptoms. This oil has regenerating power so it easily heals the wound.
- It is useful oil for relieving sore and stiff muscles.
-Due to its moisturizing and hydrating effect, it is used in creams and lotions.