Know About Rosemary Oil & How to Test Purity of the Oil
ROSEMARY OIL -
It is a fragrant evergreen herb and native to Mediterranean areas of southern Europe to Western Asia. The Rosemary Oil is extracted from twigs and fresh leaves of Rosemary tree. It’s similar names are Compass weed, Compass plant, Rusmary, Rusmari, Encensier, Rosmrinus Officinalis, Rosemarine, Herb Aux Couronnes, etc. It’s botanical name is Salvia Rosmarinus.It contains camphor12%, 1,8-cineole-43.7%, alpha pinene, linalool, thymol, gamma-terpinene and eucalyptol.
EXTRACTION METHOD (Or How to Make)
The “Steam Distillation” method is used in the extraction of this oil.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THAT YOU HAVE 100% NATURAL OIL (Follow the Following steps)
➠ “GC” (Gas Chromatography) is the absolute but costly method to identify the purity of the oil.
➠ “Paper Test” method can be applied, it is cost free.
➠ Any artificial substance must not be in the pure oil.
➠ The oil should not be greasy.
Uses of Rosemary Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic and Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Anti-inflammatory- It has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to relief joint pain, swelling, stiffness and cramps. The diluted oil may help to reduce the inflammation of injuries.
2. Antibiotic- The oil has antibiotic properties which may help to treat or prevent from some types of bacterial infections.
3. Antioxidant- The rosemary oil have the properties of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. This property helps to fight with free radicals which may help to prevent cancer.
4. Stress relief- It may ease stress. Inhaling the oil may relief stress and anxiety. It may reduce the level of cortisol, which is a harmful hormone for our body.
5. Brain functions- According to some research studies the oil may increase the functions of brain. It may increase the remembering power. Breathing in fume of rosemary oil increases the concentration power of mind.
6. Insect repellent- It is an effective repellent of mosquito repellent. It can help to repeal bugs like flies, mosquito, ants, etc. from home and yard.
USEFUL IN COSMETIC -
1. Hair- The oil may reduce hair fall, scalp, male pattern of blandness and itching in hair. It may help to improve hair-quality by reducing dryness of our hair. Massage few drops of the oil directly onto the scalp effected area, it will relief scalp.
2. Skin- It make our skin bright and soft. It removes dark spots from the skin. It’s anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce swelling and heal burns and sooth the skin.
USEFUL IN FOOD -
The Rosemary oil is rich in herbal flavor, sometimes it used to roasting chicken or root vegetable. It can be used in beverages for flavor.
Side Effects of Rosemary Oil
SIDE EFFECTS -
- Taking in small amount is generally safe, taking it in large amount can be toxic.
- Ingestion of large amount may cause of vomiting, coma, toxicity and seizures.
Buy Rosemary Oil at Affordable Price