Know About Hemp Seed Oil & How to Identify the Purity
HEMP SEED OIL:
Hemp is a plant of Cannabaceae family. It is a fastest growing plant on the earth, native to Central Asia and Indian Subcontinent. It’s other name is Industrial Hemp and botanical name is Cannabis Sativa. It contains 44% alpha cellulose, 25% hemicellulose, 23% lignin, 4% (oil,iuproteins, amino acids and pectin) and 1-2% ash. It contains three polyunsaturated fatty acids linoleic, alpha linolenic and gamma linolenic. It has been used in pharma, cosmetic and food industry.
It is extracted using “Cold Press” method.
It is oil of dark to clear light green color oil. “GC” (Gas Chromatography) method is used to identify the purity of the oil. This is exact but costly method.
‘Paper Test’ method can be used. This method is cost free but not exact.
The pure oil should not be greasy.
The oil must contain “zero artificial substances.
Uses of Hemp Seed Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic & Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA:
1. Anti-inflammatory - This oil contains gamma linolenic acid which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It encourages skin cell generation. Hemp seed oil can help reduce inflammation. It can be applied directly to painful area of the body.People with problems like psoriasis, acne and aczema may find some relief by using Hemp soap.
2. Antibacterial - The oil has antibacterial properties which can help to destroy viruses, bacteria and fungi.
3. Heart health - The oil is rich in linoleic acid which helps to reduce LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol. By lowering cholesterol level it help to reduce the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart decease.
USES IN COSMETIC:
1. Skin - This oil has anti-ageing properties. It may reduce scares and aging lines from the skin. It can moisturize and sooth the skin.
2. Hair - The oil is rich in omega-3,6 and 9. It is packed with fatty acids which are responsible for hair growth.
3. This oil is used in production of soap, shampoo and detergents.
USES IN FOOD:
This oil is rich in linoleic acid. According to a study taking Hemp Seed Oil in diet may help to reduce LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol level. It can be used in preparing sauces, margination and hummus.
Side Effects of Hemp Seed Oil
➠ Some people may have skin irritation by using this oil. Before using this oil properly, apply a very small amount of the oil over a small area of the skin.
➠ Taking this oil by mouth may cause throat burn, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, slow heart rate, and hypertension.
Buy Hemp Seed Oil Online at Promotional Price