Know Complete About Fennel Oil & How to Check the Purity
The Fennel oil is extracted from ‘Foeniculum Vulgre’ which known as common Fennel is a typically grown in vegetable and herb gardens for its anise flavored foliage and seeds. Botanical name of Fennel is Foeniculum Vulgare. Foeniculum Vulgare is native to Southern Europe and Mediterranean region.
This oil is made up of monoterpenes and chemical components known for their emerging and uplifting properties. It contains trans anethole 68.53% and estragole 10.42%, limonene 6.24%, fenchone 5.45% and more. Fennel oil is used in Pharma, Food and Cosmetic industries.
“Steam Distillation method” is used to extract Fennel oil.
➠ GC (Gas Chromatography) is the accurate but costly method to identify the purity.
➠ Paper test method can be used but this method is not accurate method.
➠ Any artificial substance must not be in pure oil.
➠ The pure Fennel essential oil should not be greasy or oily.
Uses of Fennel Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic & Food Industries
KNOW USES IN PHARMA
This oil is rich source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, calcium and manganese which help to empower our health, repair tissues and collagen synthesis. It’s vitamin C work like antioxidant in our body, protects against cellular damage of free radicals.
- It is rich in powerful antioxidants like chlorogenic acid, quercetin and limonene which helps to improve our health.
- The seeds of fennel may help to reduce appetite. Till now study results are conflicting and more study is needed to fully understand.
- The Fennel seed oil contains nutrients like magnesium, potassium and calcium which helps to keep our heart healthy.
- It’s powerful plant compounds may help to protect against chronic disease, including cancer. According to animal studies, it’s seed extract may protect against liver and breast cancer.
- According to some research study the fennel may increase milk secretion and weight gain in breast feeding women.
- The remedy of the fennel oil is used for digestive complaints such as nausea, flatulence, constipation, colic and vomiting.
This oil is widely used in perfumes, fragrances, creams, shampoos and massage oils and more.
The Fennel oil is a powerful flavoring agent and it has been used widely in food industry. It used in different products such as beverages, bread, pickles and chees.
Side Effects of Fennel Seed Oil
The high dose of the oil may cause of diarrhea, vomiting & heartburn etc. So, before taking it, first, take advice from your doctors.
Fennel may be cause of skin irritations. So, if you are feeling after using such issues, wash from fresh water and take immediate help from your doctors.
Buy 100% pure Fennel Oil Online