Know About Caraway Oil and How to Identify the Purity
This is a herb of the Apiaceae family, native to Western Asia and Europe. Known as Alcaravea, Karwiya, Anis Canadian, Anis Des Vosges, Apium Carvi, Carum Carvi, Faux Anis, Haravi, Kala Jira, etc. Its botanical name is “Carum Carvi”. It is used in the form of fruit, oil, and seed, contains 25-82% carvone, 20-69% limonene. It is used in the pharma, cosmetic, and food industries for different products.
Extraction method -
“Steam distillation” is the method to extract caraway oil.
• “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the best but costly method to identify the purity of the oil.
• Purity can be tested by using the “Paper-test” method. This is a cost-free method.
• Any artificial substance should not be in pure oil.
• Must not feel greasy or oily.
Uses of Caraway Oil in Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic industries
Uses In Pharma
1. In digestive problems- It has been used for a long time to treat several digestive problems. Some small studies show that this oil relaxes the digestive system, relieve indigestion, stomach ulcer, and reduces symptoms of gas, cramping and etc. Caraway Essential Oil also helps to increase appetite.
2. In asthma- Has the properties to reduce asthma, cough, throat infection, and throat-related other diseases. It helps to improve sleep.
3. Menstruation cramp- May help to start menstruation in women and in relieving the pain of menstruation cramps. Breastfeeding women use this oil to increase breast milk.
4. Increases blood flow- Helps to increase blood flow.
Caraway Essential Oil Uses In cosmetic -
1. Increase the production of vitamin E, which is mandatory for good skin. The oil contains Carvone and limonene, when vitamin E, carvone, and limonene work together, they make it more healthy to skin.
2. Helps to get rid of dandruff, nits, and scalp infection of the hair and improve smoothness, texture, and quality.
3. The oil is used as a fragrance in perfume, toothpaste, soap, and many other cosmetic products.
Caraway Oil Uses In food -
This oil can be used in cooking, flavoring and salad dressing. Caraway seeds are used as a flavor in biscuits, bread, cakes, meat dishes and other foods.
Side Effects of Caraway Oil
➥ In case of overdose can cause heartburn, nausea, and vomiting.
➥ For most people this is safe, for children it is not safe because they have more sensitive skin, which may cause some skin infections like irritation, rashes, and itching.
Now Start to Buy Caraway Oil Online