Know About Argan Oil and How to Identify the Purity
ARGAN OIL -
Argan ‘native to Morocco’ is a genus of flowering plant. The finest Oil of Argan is produced from the kernels of Argan fruit. Its common name is Argania Spinosa kernel oil and its botanical name is ‘Argania Spinosa’. The oil contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids and 20% saturated fatty acids. It is commonly used as a moisturizer. It is widely used in Pharma, cosmetic, and food industries.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
After drying the Argan fruit the kernel is extracted. The “Cold-Press” method is used to extract the oil.
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
➠ “GC” (Gas Chromatography) is the standard but costly method to check the purity of the oil.
➠ ‘Paper Test’ can be used, it is a cost-free method.
➠ If you are looking for 100% Natural Oils, then you should know that it contains “Zero artificial substances”.
➠ The oil should not be greasy.
Uses of Argan Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic & Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Antioxidant- The oil contains vitamin E, fat-soluble vitamins, and tocopherol these are the antioxidants that may help to reduce the dangerous effects of free radicals. Its antioxidant properties help to shorten the duration of wound healing. The supplement of Argan oil can be taken every day to experience this benefit throughout the body.
2. Anti-fungal- This oil has the properties of anti-fungal and antibacterial which may help to prevent from fungal infection. To get better results apply Argan oil twice in a day on affected area of the skin.
3. Anti-inflammatory- It contains anti-inflammatory properties.
USES IN COSMETIC -
1. Skin - People uses this oil to protect their skin from sun damage. This may help to prevent skin cancer including melanoma. According to a study using the cream containing Argan oil can reduce significant sebum, and oiliness and improves the elasticity of the skin. This oil has anti-sebum effects which regulate the amount of sebum that’s caused by hormones and treat different types of acne.
2. Hair - This oil contains powerful fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants which helps to keep our hair moisturized and protects from damage and from free radicals.
USES IN FOOD -
The Argan oil can’t be used as cooking oil because this oil burns. It can be used as dipping oil over food for flavor.
Side Effects of Argan Oil
➥ In the case of ingesting orally it may cause of heart burn, nausea, gas, diarrhea and vomiting.
Buy Argan Oil Online