All About Wheat Germ Oil : History & Origin of the Oil
The wheat germ is the embryo of the seed which germinate into a plant. The germ is loaded with essential nutrients. Wheat is no strange in the Indian household. Whole wheat flour is lovingly used to make a range of Indian breads like stuffed paratha’s, fluffy roti’s, baturas etc. A grain of wheat has three parts the husk, green and endosperm.
Wheat Germ Oil is rich in vitamin, protein and minerals. The pure Indian wheat oil has very high vitamin E content and also has essential fatty acid. Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant and act as preservative.
Botanical Name : Triticum vulgare
Common Name: Triticum Sativum, Common Wheat, Bread Wheat.
Know Physical Characters, Extraction Method and Chemical Composition
Wheat is a bunch grass with upright tiller. The leaves are rolled in the whorl. The leave’s blade is smooth near the base and rough near tips on the upper side. Wheat germ oil has nutty and delightfully toasted taste and used in many recipes to add nutrients and flavor.
Wheat germ oil is extracted by the process of cold pressed from the kernel part of wheat plant.
Wheat germ oil major constituents are Hexanol, 2-Methyl-2 Butene, 2,4-Heptadiend, Limonene, Oleicacid, Palmitic acid and Linoleic acid.
Wheat germ oil contains fats, plant proteins, and fibers, apart from being inherently rich in vitamin E, A, D, K and minerals like potassium, zinc and iron.
Know Incredible Uses and Benefits of Wheat Germ Oil
- Fatty acids and Vitamin D & A are present in wheat germ oil that help to the skin from protected with cracked and scarred. It also provides natural hydration to the skin.
- It is a great ingredient for beauty along with a nutritious diet. Its body care elements enhance your natural beauty and rejuvenate your complexion and look.
- Wheat germ oil is rich in linoleic acid and act as hair nourisher. We can apply it to hairs by mixing it with another carrier oil. Apply on scalp and leave it on for some time before rinsing the hairs.
- It is often used alone as a facial oil as it contains natural collagen, which is almost identical in structure to the collagen present in our skin.
- Due to the presence of vitamin E wheat germ oil is a strong antioxidant and it promotes healthy skin as it prevents many skin problems and rejuvenates the skin.
- -Wheat germ oil is a great source of vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. Which contributes to various functions of the body.
- It has also been explored, including increasing blood flows and reactions time as well as for treating certain skin conditions.
- Wheat germ oil can be used on your skin as a face cleanser or added to your face masks and packs. So apply it regularly on your skin.
- Wheat germ oil includes one of the vital properties called omega-3 fatty acid, which helps the nervous system to keep systematically.
- The finest quality of wheat germ provides relaxation to your whole body that means from toe to head. So apply it for body massage.
Where to Buy Wheat Germ Oil Near You