Citronella Oil Benefits
Citronella oil is extracted from long leaves and stem of citronella plant. Ceylon and Java are the two varieties of Citronella. Chemical composition of citronella oil is Camphene, Citronellal, Dipentene (Limonene), Geraniol, Nerol, Methyl Cugenol, borncol, Thujyl alcohol and Geranyl acetate.
Citronella Oil relieves spasms and gas, relieving abdominal pain, coughing, and menstrual cramps. It also helps to boost immunity, enhances skin health, reduces symptoms of cold, flu, and fever, promotes weight loss, boosts metabolism and digestion, eases joint pain and inflammation, and maintains the health of the heart.
Citronella Oil in Cosmetic Industries:
It is used in many cosmetics product such as natural perfumes, deodorants, body sprays, and bath blends. It has ability to boost the healing of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and dermatitis. It is also beneficial for skin damage caused by exposure to UV radiation and ability to slowdown the sign of aging. It is also good for oily hair, dead skin and dandruff.
How to Extract Citronella Essential Oil:
It is extracted from long leaves and stem of citronella plant by steam distillation.
Color: colorless to pale yellow in color.
Botanical name: Cymbopogon.
Proven Uses of Pure Citronella Oil:
- It helps to relieve in spasms and gas, coughing, abdominal pain and mensuration cramps.
- It reduces the symptoms of cold, flu and fever.
- It helps to promote weight loss.
- It helps to ease in joint pain inflammation and also maintains the health of heart.
- It helps to treat skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis and acne.
- It also beneficial for skin damaged caused by sun (UV radiation).
- It also helps to slow down the signs of ageing.
- It has ability to cleanse the scalp and oily hair, dead skin, dirt, and dandruff.