Know all About Olive Oil - Origin, Benefits, and How to Identify Its Purity
This evergreen oil is oil / liquid fat obtained from Olive fruit (Olea Europaea). It is one of the most common vegetable oil used for cooking. Olive oil has many Culinary, Religious, and Cosmetic uses. The most commonly used grades of olive oil are Virgin, Extra Virgin, Refined, and Pomace. Apart from Mediterranean Cuisine, olive oil is becoming popular in Continental and English Cuisine as well due to its health benefits.
Origin and History:
Olive plants were first cultivated in the Mediterranean region around 7000 years ago and then reached South America, South Africa, South East Asia, and Australia. Being a commonly cultivated plant in the Mediterranean region, olives are widely used in their cuisine as well. Nowadays, people are using olives and olive oil in regular cooking.
Extraction Process (How to Make?):
Like most of the carrier oils extraction, olive oil is also extracted through a mechanical and chemical process in AOS Products Private Limited. The different extraction techniques used, result in various grading of olive oil discussed below.
Olives are crushed to form a paste, and then using large millstones or cold press technique vegetable liquid containing fat and water is separated from the paste. After this, the vegetable liquid is passed through centrifugal to separate the water content from the vegetable oil.
- Virgin Olive Oil means oil produced through the mechanical process only. The oil derived from the above method is virgin.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is derived only from the finest ripened olives mechanically crushed through the cold press technique and centrifuged to the optimum level to make sure there are no sensory defects.
- Refined Olive Oil is virgin oil that is further refined using chemical solvents and charcoal leaving tasteless, odorless, and colorless refined oil.
- Refined Pomace Olive Oil is derived from refining the pomace oil (obtained from treating the leftover paste of virgin oil). It is then further blended with the Virgin oil to give some flavor of olive oil.
Relative Density: 0.911
Melting Point: -6.0 °C
Smoking Point: 190 - 215 °C
Freezing Point: -15.0
Solubility: With Ether
Know Uses and Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin, Hair, And Health
Know Important Uses:
Olive oil is nowadays the most commonly used vegetable oil in cooking due to its higher smoking point, no protein or carbs content (including sugar and fiber), and higher unsaturated fat levels.
Refined olive oil and refined pomace olive oil is widely used in commercial cooking due to their neutral flavor. Extra virgin olive oil is used commonly for salad dressings.
Being safe and natural, olive oil is also used to moisturize skin during winter.
3 Unmatched Benefits of Olive Oil:
- Daily consumption of olive oil results in higher metabolism, lower blood pressure levels, lowering bad cholesterol levels and improving overall health as it has good contents of Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Omega 3 and Fatty Acids.
- Since olive oil is a rich source of healthy monounsaturated fats, its consumption is good for health in many ways. It helps in lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Keeping your LDL level low is really important, as it reduces the risk of heart attacks.
- Olive oil also has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which means it is among the best oil suited for people suffering from inflammatory arthritis-like rheumatoid arthritis.
Know How to check the purity of Olive Oil. Know Where to Buy Online?
Labeling is considered the initial step to check the quality of olive oil. The word virgin denotes that olives are pressed for oil extraction not heated or chemically treated. Some terms like, “Made from Virgin and Refined Olives” are used to confuse the buyer. It describes that the oil is a blend of refined oil and virgin oil.
Pour some olive oil into a clean jar, seal it and refrigerate it for next 24 hours. If the oil solidifies, it means it’s monounsaturated and can be considered this oil. If it does not freeze, it is polyunsaturated and it’s not olive oil.
Smoke Point Test:
Olive oil has a smoking point of nearly 200 Degrees Celsius. In case it emits smoke before that it means it is adulterated.
Where to Buy Natural Olive Oil?
When you’re choosing such beneficiary oil either for cosmetic use or culinary use it becomes equally important to buy from a trusted source. At AOS Products Private Limited where quality is never positioned below, you can get 100% Natural Olive Oil.
Buy 100% Natural olive oil in bulk and retails directly from the manufacturer AOS Products. We are the largest producer of pure Olive oil in Bulk and export almost 90+countries in the world. Olive oil uses for hair, skin, face, cooking, and Health. So during the manufacturing process of olive oil, we care about the quality. AOS Brand Olive oil price is optimum in India. So, if you are looking for the utmost quality olive oil at an optimum price from the different-2 zone of India like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata, Jaipur, Lucknow, or Patna then visit here and get olive oil only from unique brands.
Buy Olive Oil Online