Know All About Borage Oil Origin, Properties, Composition and More
Borage seed oil is a nutritional supplement that is rich in essential fatty acids. Borage seed oil is considered a native of both Europe and Asia. Borage is a wild-growing hardy native of the Mediterranean, cultivated and naturalized throughout North America. The presence of a high level of y-linolenic acid content in the seed of borage makes borage oil distinctively important mainly for pharmaceutical research. The English word borage may be derived from the word borrach means a person of courage. Borage seed essential oil prevents the formation of blood clots.
BOTANICAL NAME------BORAGE OFFICINALIS
Borage plant have beautiful star-shaped flower. The leaves and flowers are edible. The fruit of borage is a dark brown or black oval nutlet with a flat base Borage has a salty flavor with a cucumber aroma. The color of the seed is dark brown. When stored unopened in its original packaging, its shelf life is 2 Years.
Know Chemical Composition and How to Make Borage Oil
Borage seed oil contains fatty acids such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, eicosenoic acid and erucic acid.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make):
Borage seed oil is extracted by low-temperature extraction method (Cold pressed) in AOS Products.
Know Excellent Uses and Benefits of Borage Oil. Also Know Where to Buy in India?
- Borage oil has a high GLA or linoleic acid content. This substance acts like a hormone in your body and helps to reduce inflammation and cardiovascular issues.
- This oil contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can be useful for people with atopic dermatitis.
- This incredible oil is used for a hormone problem called adrenal insufficiency.
- It is used for blood purification.
- Due t to its antioxidant properties, borage essential oil can resist cancer that reduces oxidative genetic damage.
- It can help reduce fat accumulation or weight gain by storing more brown fat than white fat.
- It is rich in Omega 3 and it can boost the growth of premature babies .
- Borage oil helps cure skin diseases like eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, and rosacea by correcting skin lipid deficiency. Borage oil soothes dry skin and makes the skin radiant.
- Borage seed oil helps to prevent inflammation of the lungs.
- Borage seed oil is also used to increase breast milk production.
- The oil made by AOS Products Company can also be used in salads and soups.
- Borage seed oil is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.