Synonyms: Apricot oil, Apricot Kernel oil, Prunus armeniaca oil
Botanical Name: Prunus arneniaca
Part Used: Kernel
Color: Colorless to pale yellow.
Viscosity: Clear Transparent liquid
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.4593-1.4646
Apricot oil is extracted by cold pressed method from the kernels of plant. 40 to 50 % oil content is present in the Kernels of Apricot.
APRICOT OIL ORIGIN:
About the origin of Apricot nothing is clear. Earlier it was known from Armenia and has been cultivated for long time. It is believed that it has a wide native from Armenia to Himalayas & Japan.
11 SURPRISING BENEFITS AND USES:Pharma Uses
- It is best grown in cold region due to its Native climate.
- It can grow in Mediterranean climates.
- This plant can tolerate cold winter & fruit mature in dry climate.
- Apricot is a small tree 8 to 13 m tall with dense canopy.
- It is rich source of Vitamins & Mineral.
- This oil is used for cancer treatment.
- It can reduce the Arthritic Pain.
- It helps to lower down high Blood Pressure.
- It is a good source to strong the immune system against flu & cold.
Food and Flavoring Uses
- It is a good carrier oil or base oil.
- It can mix easily with other oils.
- It is used in cosmetic products like massage oil, Aromatherapy oil, skin care lotion, cream, soaps and others.
- It is good oil for skin because it consist of vitamin A & E.
- It provides good source of Vitamins like vitamin A, C & E and other minerals also which we required in our diet.
- Apricot oil is used in different recopies, in preparing jams and for flavoring liquors.
The oil is deep gold color. Its chemical constituents are oleic, Palmitic, Linoleic, Linolenic, Stearic. Vitamin A, C E, Potassium, Iron, and other Minerals.CONCOCTION:
Apricot oil is good base oil it can mix with other carrier oils
to give a perfect blend.SAFETY MEASURE:Eye Contact
Keep away to come in contact with eye, if touched mild irritation may occur, Wash with plenty of water at least for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention.Skin Contact
Keep away from skin, if it comes in contact with skin irritation may persist, wash with soap and water and get the medical attention.STORAGE & HANDLING:
Keep away from source of ignition; do not leave the container empty it may cause fire. Do not over heat.
Keep the filled container in cool & dark places below 25 CTOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION:
Keeps away apricot oil from person suffering from allergies, Call the immediate medical attention if touched with skin? Do not take Apricot essential oil
internally without consulting qualified aroma therapist.