Chamomile Roman Oil
Chamomile oil is extracted from the flowers by steam distillation, with the Roman chamomile yielding about 1.7 % from fresh flowers. USES-
- This essential oil can be used with great effect on children when they feel irritable, impatient, teething or colicky. Women find it great to relieve PMS. In general it is good for abdominal pain, gall bladder problems, as well as for throat infections. It furthermore helps to relieve allergies, hay fever and asthma.
- For the skin, it can be used to calm acne, eczema, rashes, wounds, dermatitis, dry and itchy skin and other allergic conditions in general .For babies it can be used in a much diluted form to sooth an irritated and teething baby and helps for colic, diarrhea and gastric spasms.
- Roman chamomile can be used in a blended massage oil, or diluted in the bath, to assist with allergies, anorexia, addiction, colic, insomnia and back pain,
- Roman chamomile can be used in a cream base for diaper rash, burns and sunburn,
- Roman chamomile can be used as a mouthwash for dental abscesses and tonsillitis.
- The therapeutic properties of Roman chamomile oil are analgesic, anti-spasmodic, antiseptic, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectious, anti-depressant, anti-neuralgic, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, emmenagogue, febrifuge, hepatic, sedative, nervine, digestive, tonic, sudorific, stomachic, vermifuge and vulnerary.
The Roman chamomile essential oil has a sweet, apple-like fragrance and is very light clear blue in color with a watery viscosity.
The main chemical components of Roman chamomile oils are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, 1, 8-cineole, y-terpinene, caryophyllene, and propyl angelate and butyl angelate.
Market Size/Structure in worldwide 2018-19:
Roman chamomile is cultivated in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Morocco and France.