The soybean is an erect, branching plant belongs to family Fabaceae. The height of plant is 0.2 to 2.0 meter. It is also called Soja bean. It is used in china as a food and component of medicines. Soybean has rich source of proteins. Soybean seeds are 5 to 11 mm in diameter. 4 to 5 seeds are present in a pod. Pods grow in clusters.
Soybean oil is clean, natural taste and nearly imperceptible aroma support and enhances the natural flavors of prepared foods. Soybean oil used in diabetes and heart disease patients because it lowers the blood cholesterol and LDL level.
Soybean oil extracted from the seeds of Glycine max belongs to the family Fabaceae. It is slightly yellowish cloured fluid liuid, odur pleasant and characteristic, mint taste.
Solvent extraction process and cold pressed process are used for the extraction of soybean oils. In these method firstly cracked the soybean seeds in to two pieces and makes the best flakes for oil extraction. Screening and aspiration process are used for separation of hulls. The flakes are solvent extracted by hexane and obtained crude soybean oil. Then oil is refined, degumming, neutralized and bleached for different applications. By these steps we are removed high amount of hydratable phosphatides, free fatty acids, glycerol, resins, metals, oil soluble non triglyceride and wax.
Synonyms: - Soja max, Soy Bean Oil, Soy Oil, Soya Oil, Soyca, Travmulsion.
Botanical name: - Glycine max
Part used: - Seeds
Shelf life: - Two years
Density @20 C 0.916 0.926
Refractive index 20C 1.473 - 1.476
Optical rotation 0.0
Iodine value 120 - 140
Saponification value 180 - 200
Acid value 0.30
Soybean oil contains Alpha linolenic acid, Linolenic acid, Oleic acid, Stearic acid, Palmitic acid, Phytosterols, Tocopherols, Vitamins B, Isoflavones, Beta-sitosterol, Campesterol, Saponin and stigmasterol.
1. Soybean oil prevents the cardiovascular disease. Because it is lowering the serum LDL cholesterols level, triglycerides, lipoprotein, C-reactive protein, and increased high-density lipoprotein (HDL) concentrations.
2. Soybean oil contains isoflavones which are responsible for the anticancer activity.
3. Soybean oil intake may help in preventing the initiation of breast cancer cells.
4. Soybean oil contains isoflavone which have the beneficial health effects on menopausal symptoms.
5. Soybean oil shows prevention action in osteoporosis.
6. Soybean oil shows anti-diabetes action.
7. Soybean oil is used in chronic problem like obesity, asthma, autoimmune disease, and bone degeneration.
8. Soybean oil used in treatment of patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
9. Soybean oil used for treatment of osteoarthritis.
SAFETY & PRECAUTIONS:
It is safe foe uses but prevent for very young infants.