Synonyms: Castor oil, Riccinus communis, Palm of Christ, castor oil
Botanical Name: Riccinus communis
Part Used: Seed
Color: Colorless or slightly Yellow color
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.475-1.485
Castor oil is extracted by cold pressed method from the seeds of castor plant.
Castor is found from Mediterranean basin, Eastern Africa & India.
It is widespread throughout tropical region.
Caster plant needs temperature approx. 20° C for better growth.
It can reach up to 3-4 Meter in heights, its growth is effected by frost & this plant remains short.
Cooler climate is suitable factor for the growth of Castor oil.
It is a decorative plant and found in park and other public areas.
- Castor oil has many pharma uses.
- It is very effective in healing the body; It is used by the people suffering from constipation.
- Castor oil is used against irritable bowel syndrome.
- It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions like tumors, cancer, Cyst and many others.
- The castor oil is used as an insecticides and fungicides.
- The oil helps in delaying the symptoms of bloody diarrhea, abdominal pain, mouth and soar sensation.
Food and Flavoring Uses
- Castor oil can be applied to the scalp to induce hair growth.
- It is a fatty vegetable oil it make ingredient of cosmetics products like lipstick, eyeliner, deodorant, Soaps and perfumes.
- Castor oil can be applied to eyelashes, eyebrows to promote hair growth.
Castor oil is used in food and flavoring.
It works as food additive and flavoring agent.ABSTRACT:
The chemical constituents of Castor oil are Ricinoleic acid, Palmitic acid, dihydroxy stearic acid, stearic acid alpha linoleic acid and oleic acid.CONCOCTION:Indian Castor oil
easily blends with other essential oil and is useful in treatment of various diseases. It blends with other carrier oil.
If castor oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water till 15 minutes, if serious condition then call doctor immediately.
Remove contaminated clothes if castor oil comes in contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with fresh water at least 15 minutes. Contact a doctor immediately if irritations persist.Inhalation:
If Castor oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air, if serious condition then calls the physician immediatelySTORAGE & HANDELING:
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION:Indian Castor oil should be avoided by pregnant women.
- While handling do not drink and smoke.
- Do not leave the drum empty as empty drum.
- Maintain the proper cleanness and hygiene.
- Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25°
It can cause contraction; if person is hypersensitive to castor oil then the use of castor oil should be avoided. Children up to age 6 should not use castor oil. It may cause skin irritation.