Synonyms: Castor oil, Riccinus communis, Palm of Christ, castor oil
Botanical Name: Riccinus communis
Part Used: Seed
Color: Colorless or slightly Yellow color
Viscosity: Watery in viscosity
Perfumery Note: Characteristic
Shelf Life: Two years
Refractive Density: 1.475-1.485
Castor oil is extracted by cold pressed method from the seeds of castor plant.
Castor is found from Mediterranean basin, Eastern Africa & India.
It is widespread throughout tropical region.
Caster plant needs temperature approx. 20° C for better growth.
It can reach up to 3-4 Meter in heights, its growth is effected by frost & this plant remains short.
Cooler climate is suitable factor for the growth of Castor oil.
It is a decorative plant and found in park and other public areas.
- Castor oil has many pharma uses.
- It is very effective in healing the body; It is used by the people suffering from constipation.
- Castor oil is used against irritable bowel syndrome.
- It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions like tumors, cancer, Cyst and many others.
- The castor oil is used as an insecticides and fungicides.
- The oil helps in delaying the symptoms of bloody diarrhea, abdominal pain, mouth and soar sensation.
Food and Flavoring Uses
- Castor oil can be applied to the scalp to induce hair growth.
- It is a fatty vegetable oil it make ingredient of cosmetics products like lipstick, eyeliner, deodorant, Soaps and perfumes.
- Castor oil can be applied to eyelashes, eyebrows to promote hair growth.
Castor oil is used in food and flavoring.
It works as food additive and flavoring agent.ABSTRACT:
The chemical constituents of Castor oil are Ricinoleic acid, Palmitic acid, dihydroxy stearic acid, stearic acid alpha linoleic acid and oleic acid.CONCOCTION:Indian Castor oil
easily blends with other essential oil and is useful in treatment of various diseases. It blends with other carrier oil.
SAFETY MEASURE:Eye Contact:
If castor oil comes in contact with eye, wash eye with plenty of water till 15 minutes, if serious condition then call doctor immediately.Skin Contact:
Remove contaminated clothes if castor oil comes in contact with skin. Wash thoroughly with fresh water at least 15 minutes. Contact a doctor immediately if irritations persist.Inhalation:
If Castor oil is inhaled in high conc. Take the person to fresh air, if serious condition then calls the physician immediatelySTORAGE & HANDELING:
- While handling do not drink and smoke.
- Do not leave the drum empty as empty drum.
- Maintain the proper cleanness and hygiene.
- Keep the drum in cool and dark place temperature below 25°
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION:Indian Castor oil should be avoided by pregnant women.
It can cause contraction; if person is hypersensitive to castor oil then the use of castor oil should be avoided. Children up to age 6 should not use castor oil. It may cause skin irritation.