Know How to Identify Purity of Shea Butter ?
This Herbal Butter should be very creamy and absorb quickly when comes in contact with the skin. If the butter is not pure then it has a greasy feel and spreads rather than absorbs into your skin. Pure shea butter when rubbed in between your fingers it should melt evenly without lumps.
Uses & Health Benefits of Shea Butter:
- It provides protection against dehydration and skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, rash, minor cuts, insect bites, skin cracks.
- Shea butter is used to treat diaper rash in babies.
- This amazing butter absorbs deep into the skin providing the skin with cell-repairing qualities to heal the wound, cuts, and abrasions.
- This amazing butter is used to reduce the appearance of stretch marks by restoring the elasticity of the skin by enhancing the production of collagen.
- This natural herbal butter protects our skin from UV rays.
- Shea butter improves the production of collagen and maintains the elasticity of the skin and reduces aging.
- This natural herbal butter is used as an emollient in cosmetics.
- Shea butter is used as an anti-inflammatory and by applying on the affected area gives relief from pain.
- This amazing butter helps to treat sunburn, eczema, Psoriasis, and kind of swelling or any other infection.
- Shea butter is naturally moisturizing and skin healing so used in cosmetic industries and hair related products.
- This amazing butter is used by soap industries and deodorant-making companies.
- This butter is used as a hair conditioner.
Know Variuos Nutrients Facts of Shea Butter
Natural Shea butter is the fat extracted from the nuts of the Shea tree. The Shea tree is scientifically known as Butyrospermum Parkii. Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, and E, it is solid at a warm temperature and has an off-white or ivory color. Shea butter comes from a native wild-growing African tree that provides tiny almond-like fruits with nuts inside.
In earlier days, villagers used to collect the Shea fruits to separate the nut from the fallen fruit, boil, and left the butter float on the surface. Queen Cleopatra always kept a jar of pure, unrefined Shea butter on hand. She knows the beautiful secret of butter. Vitellaria Paradoxa is commonly known as the Shea tree. The Shea tree starts bearing fruit when it is 10 to 15 years old. When the tree is 20 to 30 years old then only full production is attained.
Shea trees do not reach maturity until 45 years and after getting maturity and can continuously produce Shea nuts for up to 200 years. The fruits are harvested around may until separated coinciding with the rainy season. The fruit looks like a plum and takes six months to ripen. Shea butter consists of five fatty acids such palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and arachidic acid.
Due to the presence of stearic acid it gives Shea butter solid consistency and on oleic acid depends how soft and harder the Shea butter is, and also depends on temperature. The quantity of stearic acid and oleic acid in shea kernels depends upon the species. Ugandan Shea Butter has high in oleic acid, in Shea, it is the source of liquid Shea oil. Most African shea butter is more variable than Ugandan Shea butter with an oleic content of 37 to 55 percent.
Know Origin, History and Characteristic of Shea Butter. Buy Online in Retails Quantity
Shea is native to the African continents, typically in the savannah, and naturally stretches over Africa in the northern hemisphere from southeastern Senegal to Ethiopia and Uganda. Shea tree grows in African countries such as Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, Benin, Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, etc. The Shea tree is used to make coffins for the early African kings.
The tree was also considered sacred. The common name of shea tree is Shiyiri or shisu. The phenolic compound is known to have antioxidant properties. The phenolic properties are similar to that of green tea, and the total phenolic content of shea butter is comparable to virgin olive oil. Shea butter melts at body temperature that’s why it absorbs rapidly into the skin. Shea butter is known as women's gold. In Africa, it is a valuable source of income for the women in Ghana.
Shea butter Characteristic:
It has a smooth and soft texture and is either yellow-white in color. The tree looks like an American oak. The kernel is enclosed in a sweet pulp under a thick green rid, fruit is first dried in sun then butter is prepared by boiling the kernel in water.
Shea butter is organic in nature and it has healing properties. It should be stored in a cool dry place away from sunlight. Shea butter is extracted by two processes first one is solvent extraction and the second one is crushing. Most of the fatty content is obtained by chemical extraction using hexane as the solvent.
Refined Shea butter has underground processing to remove the smell and sometimes change its properties. Unrefined Shea Butter is filtered but does not alter the properties of the Shea butter, unrefined Shea butter has true healing and moisturizing properties.
Where to Buy Pure Shea Butter Online