Know About mentha Arvensis Oil And How to Identify the Purity
MENTHA ARVENSIS OIL-
This is the species of mint family Limaceae. Known as wild mint field mint and corn mint. It’s botanical name is Mentha Arvansis. It contains menthol 71.40%, p menthone 5.40% and neo menthol 3.18%. It has been used in Pharma, Cosmetic and food industries.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
The partially dried leaves of Mentha Arvensis used to extract the oil. It is extracted using “steam distillation” method.
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
➠ GC (Gas Chromatography) is accurate but costly method to identify purity of Mentha Arvensis Oil.
➠ No artificial substance should be present in the pure oil.
Uses of Mentha Arvensis Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic & Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA
1. Anti-bacterial- It has powerful anti-bacterial activities against staphylococcus aureus it helps to prevent from bacterial infection like strep throat, infection over skin.
2. Anti-fungal- The oil contains menthol 71.4% which have powerful anti-fungal properties. This is very helpful to get relief from fungal infections over skin.
3. Anti-inflammatory- This oil has cooling effects which may help to relief joint pain and muscle ache. It would help to relief depression, stress and anxiety.
4. Digestive problems- The Mentha Arvensis Oil has very power full digestive properties which may help to promote our digestion system. It is good to boost appetite, helps to get rid from many digestive problems like diarrhea, gas problem, vomiting and nausea.
5. The oil improves our nervous system.
1. Skin- This oil may help to treat skin problems, acne, dark spot and ageing lines. To treat acne mix the few drops of this with carries oils like jojoba oil and massage it onto affected area.
2. Hair- It is used to reduce dandruff, scalp from hair.
It has been used for flavor in various foods. The oil may be used for dressing of salads. It is used in beverages as flavoring agent.
Side Effects of Mentha Arvensis Oil
➠ In the case of taking orally, it may cause of nausea, vomiting and heartburn.
➠ It contains toxic compound pulegone. If it has taken in large quantity, it may be toxic. In this case consult to doctor immediately.
Buy Mentha Arvensis Oil Online at Affordable Price