What are Flaxseed Oil?
Flaxseed oil is obtained from the seed of the plant. Botanical name of flaxseed is Linum usitatissimum. It is rich in dietary fibers, soluble polysaccharides, phenolic compound, proteins, vitamins C, A, E and minerals such as Mg, Fe, Cu, Zn, Na, K, P. one facts about of flaxseed oil AOS want to share with you that raw form of linseed oil that will be without processing, called as flaxseed oil. It is originated in India now spread worldwide.
Flaxseeds are found in two varieties brown color or yellow color both of varieties have same nutritional value and equal numbers of short-chain omega-3 fatty acids. The only difference is that yellow flax seed has different oil profile, it is very less in omega -3s.The main component of flax seed oil are saturated palmitic acid, stearic acid and unsaturated fatty acids linoleic acid, oleic acid, Eicosenoic acid, Palmitoleic acid. Egyptian priests they wore only linen because flax was known to be a symbol of peace and purity .Flaxseed oil is used in oil paint by many painters ,it functions as a good medium for painting purpose that provide and shiny and transparent to your paint. It also works as a laxative. It is also used in many bakery products.
What are the Benefits of Flaxseed Oil?
• Flaxseed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acid, which help prevent blood platelet from clumping together, thus reduced the risk of blood clotting.
• Flaxseed oil prevent the heart disease; it reduces the triglycerides level in the blood.
• Due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acid, it reduces the blood pressure.
• It prevents the disease atherosclerosis. By reducing the inflammation.
• Flaxseed oil are rich in fibers which are helpful in constipation, large intestine problem, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
• It is also used to treat malarial infection, arthritis, rheumatism.
• Flaxseeds are also helpful in lowering blood sugar level due to the presence of insoluble fibers.
• It is also helpful in managing the weight by increasing the feeling of fullness.
• Flaxseed oil also helps in managing the cholesterol level, The ALA in flaxseed oil plays a role in decreasing low density lipoprotein.
Flaxseed and flaxseed oil:
By: Mayo Clinic Staff
View at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-flaxseed-and-flaxseed-oil/art-20366457
Which is better flaxseed oil or fish oil?
If you are vegetarian than flaxseed oil is amazing for you, it fulfils omega -3, and lignans daily need. Both types of vegetable oil one is flaxseed and 2nd is fish oil contains in rich with omega -3 fatty acids. Fish oil has DHA, while flaxseed oil has ALA which is then changed into DHA and EPA. They both has the same health benefits. Fish diet is good for those who are non-vegetarian. The oil obtained from fish reduces the risk of heart disease. It also helps in lowering blood pressure as well as blood sugar level.
Does flaxseed make you gain weight?
Flaxseed oil also help in managing the weight, it works as a laxative and helps in lowering inflammation, which helps in weight loss. Leptin is a protein which is produced by the fatty tissue in the body. Low leptin in body induces the overeating. Which leads to overweight and obese. Due to the presence of fibers also makes you felling full, so you eat less, thus helps in managing body weight.
Common uses of flaxseed oil?
· Flaxseed oil is used in making ropes, papers, canvas. Which is used in making table cloth, bed sheets and clothing.
· It is also used in paints and drying agents in wood finish products. It makes the paint glossier and transparent.
· It is also used to clean the leather products such as jackets, bags.
· It also saves the product from water. This also protect the iron products from rusting and protects the furniture.