Know About Linseed Oil and How to Identify the Purity
LINSEED OIL -
Linseed known as common flax is a flowering plant, cultivated as a food and fiber crop native to the eastern Mediterranean of India.Its botanical name is “Linum Usitatissimum”. Linseed oil is also known as Flaxseed oil extracted from seeds of the plant. It contains 75-91% unsaturated fatty acids and 9-11% saturated acids.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make?)
“Cold press method” is used in the extraction of this oil.
“GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) is the best but the costly method used in the identification of this oil.
Paper test method can be applied.
Any artificial substance should not be in pure oil.
Uses of Linseed Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic and Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA:
1. Reduce cancer - According to some research studies this oil may reduce the growth of cancer cells. It may help to prevent lung cancer. More additional research is needed.
2. Reduce pain- The oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce muscle aches, joint pain, and other pain.
3. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids - The oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids which are associated with good heart health, anti-inflammation, and protection of the human brain against aging.
4. Improves heart health - Pure and Natural Linseed Oil helps to reduce cholesterol, Improves the flexibility of arthritis which helps to improve the heart health.
5. Treats diarrhea- Some studies have shown that it may treat diarrhea and constipation but more research is required.
6. Prevents from fungal infection - It has ant-fungal properties which help to prevent fungal infections like athlete's foot, skin irritation, etc.
7. Decrease swelling - The linseed oil contains alpha-linoleic acid which helps to reduce swelling.
USES IN COSMETIC:
1. Skin- It Contains antioxidants and fatty acids which helps to reduce fine line, scars, and wrinkle from the face and also help in cleaning and moisturizing the skin. Its inherent property helps to keep skin tight.
2. Hair- The oil contains ‘vitamin E’ which helps to improve hair quality and reduces hair fall. Prevents scalp and dandruff.
3. Used in soap ink, soaps, and creams.
4. linseed oil can provide the lightest color and order of the oil.
USES IN FOOD:
1. Linseed oil can be added to food. It uses in the dressing of salad, soup, casseroles, etc.
2. This oil is safe for adults and can be taken every day in a very small quantity 2-3 grams.
Side Effects of Linseed Oil. Where to Buy Online?
➠ Don’t take much, it may cause lose-stools and diarrhea.
➠ Never drink this oil it may cause harmful effects including nausea, vomiting, etc.
➠ Avoid it pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Now Start to Buy Linseed Oil Online