Know About Linseed Oil and How to Identify the Purity
LINSEED OIL -
Linseed known as common flax is a flowering plant, cultivated as a food and fiber crop native to the eastern Mediterranean of India.Its botanical name is “Linum Usitatissimum”. Linseed oil is also known as Flaxseed oil extracted from seeds of the plant. It contains 75-91% unsaturated fatty acids and 9-11% saturated acids.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
“Cold press method” is used in extraction of this oil.
“GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry) is the best but costly method used in the identification of this oil.
Paper test method can be applied.
Any artificial substance should not be in pure oil.
Uses of Linseed Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic and Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA
1. Reduce cancer - According to some research studies this oil may reduce growth of cancer cells. It may help to prevent lung cancer. More additional research is needed.
2. Reduce pain- The oil have anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce muscle ache, joint pain and other pain.
3. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids - The oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids which are associated to good heart health, anti-inflammation and protection of human brain against aging.
4. Improves heart health - Pure and Natural Linseed Oil helps to reduce cholesterol, Improves the flexibility of arthritis which helps to improve the heart health.
5. Treats diarrhea- Some studies have shown that it may treat diarrhea and constipation but more research is required.
6. Prevents from fungal infection - It has ant-fungal properties which helps to prevent fungal infection like athlete foot, skin irritation, etc.
7. Decrease swelling - The linseed oil contains alpha linoleic acid which helps to reduce swelling.
USES IN COSMETIC
1. Skin- It Contains antioxidants and fatty acids which helps to reduce fine line, scars and wrinkle from the face also help in cleaning and moisturizing of skin. It’s inherent property helps to keeping skin tight.
2. Hair- The oil contains ‘vitamin E’ which helps to improve hair-quality and reduces hair fall. Prevents from scalp and dandruff.
3. Used in soaps ink, soaps and creams.
4. linseed oil can provide lightest color and order of the oil.
USES IN FOOD
1. Linseed oil can be added to food. It uses in dressing of salad, soup, casseroles, etc.
2. This oil is safe for adults and can be taken every day in a very small quantity 2-3 grams.
Side Effects of Linseed Oil
➠ Don’t take much, it may cause lose-stools and diarrhea.
➠ Never drink this oil it may cause harmful effects including nausea, vomiting, etc.
➠ Avoid it pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Now Start to Buy Linseed Oil Online