Know About Lemongrass Oil and How to Idenity the Purity
WHAT IS LEMONGRASS OIL?
Lemongrass also known as Malabar grass, oily heads, cochin grass, wiregrass, silky heads, fever grass or citronella grass, etc. Its botanical name is Cymbopogon Citratus and native to South Asia, South-East Asia, and Australia. The oil contains 70-85% Gerania, geraniol, nerol, neral and citronella. It is commonly used in digestive problems and other industrial uses- pharma, cosmetics, and food are given below.
This oil is extracted from the leaves of Lemongrass using “Steam Distillation” process.
HOW TO IDENTIFY PURITY OF THE OIL:
- “GC-MS” (Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry) method is the accurate but costly method to identify purity.
- “Paper test” method can be applied. This is free of cost.
- The pure lemongrass oil must contain “zero artificial substances”.
- The oil should not be greasy or oily.
Lemongrass Oil Uses in Pharma, Cosmetic & Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA
1.Antiseptic- It contains citralbioactive components which have antiseptic properties.
2. Anti-fungal- It has anti-fungal properties which helps to treat fungal infection and irritation over skin. It can be applied to skin after mixing with carrier oil. Natural Lemongrass oil has empowers to vitro activities against candida sap (fungal infection on tongue).
3. Anti-inflammatory- The oil has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to ease pain and relieve inflammation.
4. Antibacterial- The oil has antibacterial properties which are good for wound healing. It prevents from bacteria.
5. Anti-pyretic- It may help to bring down high fever.
6. Anti-oxidant- It contains phenolic compounds which are known for anti-oxidant properties. It helps to fight with free radicals in the body and helps to reduce the danger of heart decease and diabetes. Lemon grass oil mouthwash has effective anti-oxidant properties.
7. Insect repellent- This is a natural mosquito and insect repellent.
1. Skin- This incredible oil contains limonene which may help to improve the skin. Lemongrass oil helps to remove dark spot and impurities from the skin.
2. Hair- This oil may help to strengthen the hair follicles. It is very effective to treat dandruff. According to a study, it can reduce dandruff within one week. Few drops of the oil can be mix with shampoo or conditioner.
The lemongrass oil can be used as a flavoring agent in various recipe.
Know Side Effects of Lemongrass Oil
SIDE EFFECTS -
- Over-dose of the oil may cause nausea, heartburn and vomiting.
- The oil should not apply directly to the skin it may cause skin irritation or allergic reactions.
- Children and people with sensitive skin avoid Lemongrass oil.
Buy Lemongrass Oil Online at Promotional Price