What is Lemongrass Oil Good for?
Lemongrass oil has many health benefits like it is anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antibiotic and sedative. The main constituent of lemongrass oil is nerol, geranyl, acetate, geraniol and limonene.
• Lemon grass oil is effective against Acinetobacter Baumannii bacteria, which is the, main cause of pneumonia and blood infection.
• Lemongrass oil is used to treat inflammation of skin. The inflammation property of lemon grass oil is due to Myrceneh present in lemon grass, due to the presence of Myrceneh in lemon grass oil it also has analgesic properties.
• Due to the presence of Citronellal in lemongrass oil, it works as anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties.
• Due to the presence of eugenol in lemongrass oil, it is used to treat stomach problems like ulcer and diarrhea.
• The anti-inflammatory property of lemongrass oil is due to the presence of Myrceneh, it also helps to treat rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
• Lemongrass oil reduce the diastolic blood pressure, when massage on body. It relaxes the body.
• It is also used as a flavoring agent in herbal tea and other food products.
• It is also used in cosmetics products, it is also used in making vitamin A and natural citral.
What does Lemongrass Oil do for Skin?
What is Lemongrass Aromatherapy Good for?
Lemongrass oil is popularly used in aromatherapy, to give relief from stress, anxiety and depression. It boosts the mental activity and make the mind alert and also terminate fatigue. When we utilize the lemongrass oil in aromatherapy, the oil emits fragrance in the atmosphere, which is safe and nontoxic. It is also used in air freshener gives a rejuvenated environment. It uplifts the mood and reduce negativity and depression. We can also add lemongrass oil to a diffuser.
Can I Put Lemongrass Oil in My Hair?
Lemongrass oil is very effective in treating dandruff. It reduces the dandruff when we use it regularly, lemongrass oil can give strength to the hair follicles. It also prevents the hair loss and when we add rosemary and lavender in lemongrass oil, it works as a great hair treatment. You can also mix few drops of oil to your shampoo or daily conditioner. Lemongrass oil boosts hair growth also it strength the hair follicles. Apply the oil on scalp with massage, leave it for half an hour and then wash with regular shampoo.