Know About Clove Oil and How to Identify the Purity
CLOVE OIL -
Clove is an aromatic flower bud of the tree of Myrtaceae family. It is native to Maluku Island Indonesia. It’s botanical name is Syzygium Aromaticum and it’s similar names are Fern, Cinnamon, Bluebell, Arbor, Crimson, Anise and Dove. It contains Eugenol, Eugenyl acetate and Caryophyllene.It contains Eugenol 76.8%, Beta Caryophyllene 17.4%, Alpha Acetate 1.2%. This oil has been used in pharma, cosmetic and food industries.
EXTRACTION METHOD -
The Clove Oil is extracted using “Steam Distillation Process”.
PURITY IDENTIFICATION -
➠ “GC” (Gas Chromatography) is the exact but costly method to identify purity of the oil.
➠ ‘Paper Test’ method can be used, it is free of cost but cannot identify the components of the oil.
➠ The pure oil must not be greasy or oily.
➠ The oil must contain “zero artificial substances”.
Uses of Pure Clove Oil in Pharma, Cosmetic and Food Industries
USES IN PHARMA -
1. Digestive properties- The oil is used in easing digestive upset, relieving stomach pain and diarrhea.
2. Antimicrobial- This oil contains eugenol which has the ability to kill bacteria and yeast. It’s this property makes it an effective antimicrobial and anti-fungal which may help to protect from fungal infection (Know About Thyme Oil for Fungal Infections) like athlete’s foot, oral thrust and vaginal yeast infection.
3. Dental- The oil has very effective properties to prevent our tooth from cavities and relieve oral pain.
4. Anticancer- According to a study this oil stops the cell growth of cancer and helps to kill them.
USES IN COSMETIC -
1. Skin- This oil helps to relieve itching and promoting wound healing. It is a powerful anti-aging ingredient, helps to reduce skin aging lines and wrinkles. It helps to remove dead cells and improves blood circulation to make our skin shiny and young.
2. Hair- The oil helps to reduce dandruff, scalp and hair fall. To find the better result for hair growth, apply a DIY hair mask prepared with Clove Oil. It also prevents our hair from premature graying.
USES IN FOOD -
This oil can be used in baking pastries and candy. Only one or two drops of pure clove oil are good for about 10 servings of pastries. It can be used as flavoring agent in the foods and beverages.
Side Effects of Clove Essential Oil
SIDE EFFECTS -
➥ In the case of ingestion, it may cause of breathing difficulties, heart burning, nose or throat burning, upset stomach and diarrhea.
➥ Avoid it during pregnancy.
➥ Don’t use this oil directly on the skin, it may cause rashes or skin burns. Before using, dilute it with carrier oils.
➥ In the case of coming in the contact with the eye, take clean water and wash the eye for 15 minutes, in serious condition, immediately contact the doctor.
Buy Clove Oil Online at Promotional Price