Know About Apricot Oil and How to Identify the Purity
It is a fruit bearing tree from species Prunus Armeniaca. It is native to China. It contains oleic, linoleic, palmitic, steric, palmitoleic acid. This oil is a good source of Vitamins A, C, E and B5. This amazing carrier oil has been used in numerous known Industries as in Cosmetics, food and Pharmaceutical etc.
EXTRACTION METHOD (How to Make?)
The Cold Press Method is used to extract Apricot oil.
➠ ‘GC’ (Gas Chromatography) is accurate but costly method to identify the composition of substances in the oil.
➠ ‘Paper test method’ can be used but this method is not accurate.
➠ If we are say about the pure oil, so it should contain ‘zero artificial substances’.
➠ The oil must not be greasy or oily.
Use of Apricot Oil in Food, Pharma and Cosmetic Industries
USES IN FOOD:
This oil is rich in monounsaturated fat and contains no Tran’s fatty acids. The Apricot oil can be used for high heat cooking method such sautéing, pay frying and the mild flavor will not overpower the other ingredients in salad dressing.
APRICOT OIL USEFUL IN PHARMA:
1. This oil has anti-parasitic, anti-cancer, anti-ageing, and antioxidant properties.
2. This is a rich source of fiver and has sedative, anti-nociceptive, anti-sestradial, antimicrobial, anti-mutagenic, anti-tussive, anti-inflammatory, anti-nociceptive, tonic effects and enzyme inhibitory properties have been emphasized by many researchers.
HOW APRICOT OIL USEFUL IN COSMETIC?
1. The high containment of gamma linoleic acid, enables our skin to maintain its moisture balance. It facilitates faster wound healing, protects skin against bacteria.
2. It helps to improve skin tone, maintain softness and radiance of the skin. It helps to nourish the skin and lowers the appearance of face wrinkles, ageing lines and blemishes.
3. This oil is a light oil and does not leave any residue on the skin. It is rich in vitamin A and E, which are essential nutrients for our skin. It is a great night oil that can applied on the face and left overnight to moisturize your skin and open clogged pores.
Read About Linseed Oil Benefits and More
You Should Know Side Effects of Apricot Oil
1- The ingestion of apricot seed may harmful, after ingestion, it converts into cyanide, which can cause serious side effects including seizures and death. There isn’t enough reliable information to know if non-purified or virgin apricot kernel oil might contain cyanide.
2- The kernel of Apricot is likely unsafe to use by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
3- It is likely unsafe for children to consume kernels, as it may cause serious side effects.
Buy Apricot Oil Online at Affordable Price