Know All about Oregano Oil : History & Origin of the Oil
Oregano consists of dried leaves and flowering part of origanum Vulgare. It is a common species of origanum and is also called the joy of mountains. It grows well in a hot, relatively dry climate and bears tiny leaves. Oregano is a perennial herb that grows up to 2 ft. Its flowers are pink or purple in color, which is edible. It can tolerate a variety of soils but it must be well-drained. Origanum Vulgare is also called wild marjoram.
Oregano is a perennial herb with dark oval fragrant leaves and white pink or purple flowers formed in spikes. The dried herb is also used in processed food like alcohol, beverage, snack,foods, meat and milk products. Oregano oil has anti-bacterial,anti-fungal,and anti-parasitic properties.
Oregano also contains iron, vitamin, calcium, copper, niacin, magnesium, thiamine. Oregano is taken as a tea or used as a salve, also inhibits bacterial growth and parasitic micro-organism. Pure Oregano Oil one of the most popular herbs through the world. The flavor of oregano recently became very popular all over the world mainly because the fast-food industries support ethnically based products. Dried leaves and flowering parts of the different oregano plants, commonly known as pizza herb. It is widely used to give flavor to salads, fried potatoes, sausages, and canned goods.
Botanical Name_ Oreganum Vulgare
Know Physical Properties and Chemical Composition of Oregano oil
Natural Oregano oil is pale yellow in color. It has antioxidant and purifying ability and has a strong camphoraceous odor, warm pungent bitter taste.
Its main components are carvacrol, thymol, p-cymiene, cis-ocimene, caryophyllene and linalool.
14 Health Benefits and Uses of pure Oregano Oil
Uses & Benefits:
- It is used in flavoring food and is often used in processing industries for canned foods.
- It is also used as a culinary spice and food preservative.
- Oregano oil is taken from mouth for intestinal parasites, allergies, sinus pain and arthritis.
- Oregano oil inhibits cell growth and cause cancer cell death.
- It helps to reduce weight and lower your cholesterol level.
- Due to the presence of thymol it acts as an antifungal agent, can also support the immune system, and protect against toxins.
- -Oregano essential oil may be effective against some potentially antibiotic-resistant bacteria like pseudomonas, aeruginosa and E-coli, which are common causative agents of urinary and respiratory tract infections.
- Carvacrol in oregano oil is very effective against oral candids, which is associated with some gut condition such as crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Oregano also helps in gut health. It also reduced the number of E-coli bacteria in the gut. It also protects against common gut complaints known as leaky gut.
- Carvacrol in oregano oil has been shown to reduce inflammation.
- It is also used in insect repellent creams and ointments.
- It contains strong immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties.
- Thymol is the anti-fungal component. This phytochemical even helps to boost the immune system while shielding the body and promoting healing.
- It helps to heal cold sores, canker sores, toothaches, and sore throats
- It may also lower blood sugar levels and affect those with diabetes.
Where to Buy Oregano Oil Online