What Grapefruit Essential Oil is Good for?
It is tall tree with fruits having citrus flavor. The oil is obtained from the peels of the fresh fruit; the oil is derived by cold pressed method. Grapefruit oil has fresh citrus aroma. The fragrance of the oil balances the mood and decreases the blood pressure. It is also amazing for skin health.
The main component of oil is limonene and other are terpenes, sesquiterpenes, aldehydes, linalool, geraniol, nerol and alcohol. Due to the presence of limonene the grapefruit oil has many health benefits. The common name of the grapefruit oil is pomelo, shaddock. The botanical name of the plant is Citrus paradise belongs to the family rutaceae.
What are the health benefits of grapefruit oil?
- Grapefruit oil has many health benefits.· Grapefruit oil is used in aromatherapy, it helps to treat mental stress, depression, and trauma.
- Grapefruit oil helps in weight loss; it helps to reduce the appetite.
- Grapefruit oil has antimicrobial properties, it is effective against Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger, and Penicillium chrysogenum.
- Grapefruit oil promotes immunity, due to its antioxidant properties, it cleanses the body and controls the free radicals.
- It is also used in anti-aging skincare products due to its antioxidant properties, which control the free radical which are responsible for fine lines and wrinkles.
- Grapefruit oil improves the blood circulation. It Prevents the fluid retention.
- It is also used to treat muscle cramps, hangovers, stiff muscles, swollen feet, and arthritis.
- It is also amazing for hairs, it improves the blood circulation in the scalp when applied, helps to prevent hair fall.
- The aroma of the oil is good, so used in air fresheners also.
Is Grapefruit Oil Being Good for Skin?
Grapefruit oil has antibacterial properties, used to treat acne. It is also used as a skin cleanser, it is used in many face lotions and creams. Grapefruit oil has antioxidant properties used to treat fine lines and wrinkles, it controls the free radicals responsible for aging. We can also add few drops of oil to your daily body lotion and cream. Due to the presence of limonene in grapeseed oil, it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps to treat redness and swelling due to acne.
How do I Use Grapefruit Essential Oil for Weight Loss?
Grapefruit oil helps to reduce the appetite, if we take aromatherapy of grapefruit oil for 10 to 15 minutes, it will reduce your appetite hence we intake less food and it helps in reduction of weight. The main component limonene reduces the appetite when we smell. Grapefruit oil has an effect on the gastric vagal nerve, it plays the role in stimulating the production of stomach juice, hence helps to reduce weight.
For weight loss add few drops of oil in glass of water, you can also diffuse the oil or you can massage the oil on to your wrist and chest. Grapefruit oil also reduces fat tissue and reduces appetite. It helps to stimulate the breakdown of fat tissue and led to a reduction in food intake.
Where to Buy Grapefruit Oil Online