How to Use Olive Oil for Memory Power, Constipation and More
How to Use Olive Oil? Uses and Health Benefits
- Omega-3 and omega-6 –fatty acids are present in this oil that is good for brain and memory power.
- Vitamin E in olive oil helps brings your dry brittle nails back to life.
- This evergreen oil when applied on hairs and scalp, it treats dandruff.
- This oil helps to soften or dilute ear wax.
- We can use olive oil to polish the household furniture.
- We can use olive oil to remove grease or paint from the surface.
- This evergreen oil contains a large number of antioxidants.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, it reduces premature aging. It also fights cancer-causing cells.
- Olive oil contains fat-soluble vitamins, D, E, and K. These vitamins are beneficial for our skin or health.
- This evergreen oil is used to exfoliate the skin or as a moisturizer for dry scaly skin.
- To remove eye makeup apply one drop of olive oil to a cotton ball and gently wipe the eye area.
- Olive oil is also used to treat stretch marks, scars, etc.
- Olive oil promotes the flow of high-density lipoprotein or HDL. Which is called good cholesterol.
- One tablespoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice, mix well it is an effective remedy for constipation.
- It is good to massage oil for infants and toddlers.
- It is used as a salad dressing.
- It protects against ulcerative colitis.
- It can help to decrease blood pressure.
- It improves blood sugar control and enhances insulin sensitivity.
- People who regularly talking olive oil are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis.
- It can prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
- It may reduce breast cancer risk.
- It is rich in monosaturated fatty acid which is considered as a healthy food.
Know What is Olive oil? How to Differentiate it from Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil was discovered and began to be used thousands of years ago in the classical era. Olive was native to Asia Minor and spread from Iran, Syria, and Palestine to the rest of the Mediterranean basin. Greek olive oil is considered to be the best in the world. It’s an evergreen tree that grows up to 15-meter height and has a small drupe, olive is harvested in the green to purple stage ninety percent of all harvested olives are turned into oil while ten percent are used as table olives.
Olive tree prefers calcareous soils and coastal climate conditions. Olives like hot weather and sunny position without any shade. They tolerate drought well. Olive oil is a fat obtained from olives and is produced by pressing whole olives. Three types of olive oil are manufactured, extra virgin, olive oil, ordinary virgin olive oil and pomace olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil is made from pure olives and by cold-pressed method and regular olive oil is a blend of cold-pressed and processed oils.
Olives are grown in many places with similar climates such as South Africa, Chile, Peru, Australia, Zealand, Argentine, and California. Spain is the world’s biggest producer of olive oils. Per capita, national consumption is highest in Greece followed by Spain and Italy. Olive is a symbol of peace wealth and fame. There are myths and legends about romanticizing the power of this liquid gold as it was referred to by Homer in the Iliad.
Know Olive oil for cooking, cosmetic & Medicinal Effects:
It is known as a base oil for cooking for perfumes and cosmetics industries. Olive oil has natural healing power. Hippocrates was the first known medical practitioner to use an olive oil-based ointment to treat wounds and traumas. Olive oil is a well-known remedy for sore throats, cuts, wounds, and bruises. It is also called European olive. It is an evergreen shrub native to the Mediterranean, Asia, and Africa. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives and is commonly used in cooking, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, soap, and for fuel in traditional oil lamps. There are two types of oil produced refined and unrefined oil.
Olive tree ranges in height from 3 to 12 meters and has numerous branches. Its leaves are lance-shaped dark green in color. The olive tree is one of the oldest growing trees in the world, the life span of the tree is 1500 years and the average life span is 500 years. The wood of trees is very hard. It is used to make furniture or articles of everyday use. Leaves of the olive tree have medical uses and have calming effects.
They are also good for the immune system and bring down high levels of cholesterol. Olive trees need a subtropical climate and do best with mild winters and long warm and dry summers. They are sensitive to hard freezing environments. Pure Olive oil is obtained by grinding olives and extracting the oil by mechanical or chemical means. Green olives produce bitter oil and overripe olives can produce oil that is rancid that’s why perfectly ripened olives should be taken for extraction of oil.
Olive oil is liquid at room temperature. It has the same vegetable oil and olive fruit characteristics.
Know Component of Olive Oil. Where to Buy in Retails?
The main components of olive oil are oleic acid, palmitic acid, sterols, etc.
buy Olive Oil Online Direct from Manufacturer